DC plans on making a major change to Robin (Tim Drake) in the pages of Young Justice. The Wonder Comics title recently brought The Boy Wonder, Superboy (Conner Kent), Impulse (Bart Allen) and Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) back together again, and July's Young Justice #7 will see Robin announce he's taking up a new superhero name.
Writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist John Timms will collaborate on Young Justice #7, with the story taking place after the conclusion of the Gemworld story arc that reunited the fan-favorite teen superheroes. While the team is lost in the Multiverse, the issue's solicitation text teases the change in moniker for Tim Drake.
Of course, this wouldn't be the first time Robin has altered his codename. Tim took on the name of Red Robin following Bruce Wayne's apparent death following Batman R.I.P. and Final Crisis. The Red Robin name would stick around once the DC Universe rebooted in the New 52. Tim also adopts the cape and cowl of Batman in the "Titans Tomorrow" alternate future, and a crossover between Superman, Super Sons and Teen Titans introduced an evil new identity for Tim Drake: Savior.
The cover and solicitation text for July's Young Justice #7 can be found below:
- YOUNG JUSTICE #7
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
- art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
- variant cover by RILEY ROSSMO
- Young Justice—lost in the Multiverse! After the explosive conclusion to their Gemworld adventure, the team is having a tough time finding their way back to their Earth. No, we can’t tell you where they end up, but rest assured, you will be surprised! But as exciting as all that is, we have bigger problems to deal with as Tim Drake is about to do something he has only done...lots of times before. He is about to announce his new alias...a new superhero name. A Young Justice name. And this time, it’s permanent. Like, forever.
- ON SALE 07.03.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.