This March, X-Force will explore an unexplored tale from a younger Cable's past as he attempts to survive in a post-apocalyptic future.
Marvel Comics has released their advance solicitation information for March 2019, including the upcoming relaunch of X-Force. The new ongoing series, which debuts next week, will focus on the origins of Kid Cable and explain why the son of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor arrived in the relative present much younger than originally seen. The solicitation info for the fifth issue focusing on Nathan Summers is below:
- ED BRISSON (W) • DAMIAN COUCEIRO (A)
- Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
- Spider-Man Villains Variant Cover by TBA
- Spotlight on the kid called Cable!
- Before EXTERMINATION and before X-FORCE…young Nathan Summers was a mutant messiah warrior fighting against an apocalyptic future.
- But he wasn’t supposed to arrive in our time until well into adulthood…so what happened?
- Find out in this issue!
- 32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
The latest incarnation of the darker X-team assemble under the pretenses of avenging the death of their Cable as they hunt the new, younger version of the powerful mutant and March's issue promises to unveil more about the character's motivations and discrepancies within the timeline.
X-Force #5 is written by Ed Brisson and illustrated by Damian Couceiro. It is scheduled to go on sale this March from Marvel Comics.