Decades ago, Logan was transformed into the Marvel Universe's ultimate killer by the Weapon X program. However, he wasn't the only project to survive the top-secret military experiment. The Weapon X project also created Captain America during World War II. Now, a new special one-shot issue coming out this July reveals the classified history between the two iconic superheroes.
Earlier this week, Marvel Comics released advance solicitation information for titles published this July, including Wolverine & Captain America: Weapon Plus #1 by Ethan Sacks and Diogenes Neves. The complete advance solicit info and cover by Skan for the one-shot are below:
- WOLVERINE & CAPTAIN AMERICA: WEAPON PLUS #1
- ETHAN SACKS (W) • DIOGENES NEVES (A) • Cover by SKAN
- VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS BACHALO
- THE SECRET HISTORY BEHIND THEIR ORIGINS REVEALED!
- In 1940, scientists attempted to make a man into the perfect weapon, a Super-Soldier. They failed and made him a legend instead. Before the turn of the century, they tried again for the tenth time. They failed, making a man into death incarnate.
- At long last, ETHAN SACKS (OLD MAN HAWKEYE, STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE) and DIOGENES NEVES (GREEN ARROW, DEATHSTROKE) reveals the shadowy connections between Captain America, Wolverine and many more of the Marvel U’s Super-Soldiers…including some surprises! The conspiracy begins here!
- 40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
The concept of the Super Soldier and Weapon X programs being one and the same was created by Grant Morrison and Igor Kordey in 2002's New X-Men #128. Logan discovered his creation as Wolverine was the tenth attempt to create the perfect soldier, with Captain America being the first. With this new special, the two's linked history will be on full display.
Ethan Sacks and illustrated by Diogenes Neves' Wolverine & Captain America: Weapon Plus #1 is scheduled to go on sale this July from Marvel Comics.