During a press junket interview with Collider, producer Simon Kinberg revealed that “Wolverine 3” has started filming. The film, which will be Hugh Jackman’s final time playing the clawed mutant, will be directed by “The Wolverine” helmer James Mangold.
While Kinberg didn’t confirm if Patrick Stewart will indeed appear in the film as was previously rumored, he did talk a bit about the film’s tone. “It’s a very radical, bold, different Wolverine than you’ve ever seen in any of these movies,” said Kinberg. That may be in part because the film is going for an R-rating.
On the topic of Stewart, Kinberg said, “I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say about that. I will agree with you that Patrick Stewart was rumored to be a part of that film.” He was a little more firm about when the film is set. “It takes place in the future, and as you and others have reported, it is an R-rated movie. It’s violent, it’s kind of like a Western in its tone. It’s just a very cool, different film.”
Directed by James Mangold and starring Hugh Jackman, Eriq la Salle, Stephen Merchant Boyd Holbrook, and Elise Neal, “Wolverine 3” opens on March 3, 2017.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!