Official Press Release
Hey, True Believer!
Creating popular comics is cool. So is working with the industry’s top
creators. But if there’s one thing above all that the gang in the Bullpen
enjoys, it’s hearing from the fans that spend their hard-earned dough on our
stories. And tonight we heard from the readers loud and clear at the 9th
Annual Wizard Fan Awards… and we’re honored that you Made Your’s Marvel!
The following awards will soon be on display in the Hallowed Halls:
- Favorite Hero: Spider-Man
- Favorite Villain: Magneto (Ultimate X-Men)
- Favorite Supporting Character: Mary Jane (Ultimate Spider-Man)
- Favorite Paintor: Alex Ross (Universe X)
- Favorite Letterer: Richard Starkings & Comicraft (Amazing Spider-Man, etc.)
- Favorite Inker: Art Thibert (Ultimate Spider-Man)
- Favorite Colorist: Richard Isanove (Origin)
- Favorite Penciler: Adam Kubert (Ultimate X-Men)
- Favorite Writer: Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Alias, etc.)
- Favorite Editor: Axel Alonso (X-Force, Incredible Hulk, etc.)
- Favorite Moment: Wolverine Pops His Claws For The 1st Time (Origin #2)
- Favorite One-Shot or Miniseries: Origin
- Favorite Ongoing Series: Ultimate Spider-Man
- Favorite Publisher: Marvel
Also, fans of the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes will be happy to know that they’ll
soon be able to enjoy the Avengers written by Break-Out Talent Geoff Johns
(Morlocks, The Thing: Freakshow)!
And last but certainly not least, the first-ever Stan Lee Excelsior Award,
given to the individual who had the greatest impact on comic books, went to
our very own Editor In Chief Joe Quesada!
“Simply put, these are the awards that we value above all,” stated Quesada.
“The final judge on what all of us do is the fans, and tonight they told us
they like the direction that Marvel is moving in. And we’d be remiss if we
didn’t pass that praise onto the people who really make the magic: the
writers, pencilers, inkers, colorists and letterers who bring our favorite
heroes and villains to life. We owe these awards to the creators… and to
the fans that we’re honored to entertain.”
Your Man @ Marvel,
Marvel Marketing Communications Manager
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!