Official Press Release
Hey, True Believer!
Creating popular comics is cool. So is working with the industry's top creators. But if there's one thing above all that the gang in the Bullpen enjoys, it's hearing from the fans that spend their hard-earned dough on our stories. And tonight we heard from the readers loud and clear at the 9th Annual Wizard Fan Awards... and we're honored that you Made Your's Marvel!
The following awards will soon be on display in the Hallowed Halls:
- Favorite Hero: Spider-Man
- Favorite Villain: Magneto (Ultimate X-Men)
- Favorite Supporting Character: Mary Jane (Ultimate Spider-Man)
- Favorite Paintor: Alex Ross (Universe X)
- Favorite Letterer: Richard Starkings & Comicraft (Amazing Spider-Man, etc.)
- Favorite Inker: Art Thibert (Ultimate Spider-Man)
- Favorite Colorist: Richard Isanove (Origin)
- Favorite Penciler: Adam Kubert (Ultimate X-Men)
- Favorite Writer: Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Alias, etc.)
- Favorite Editor: Axel Alonso (X-Force, Incredible Hulk, etc.)
- Favorite Moment: Wolverine Pops His Claws For The 1st Time (Origin #2)
- Favorite One-Shot or Miniseries: Origin
- Favorite Ongoing Series: Ultimate Spider-Man
- Favorite Publisher: Marvel
Also, fans of the Earth's Mightiest Heroes will be happy to know that they'll soon be able to enjoy the Avengers written by Break-Out Talent Geoff Johns (Morlocks, The Thing: Freakshow)!
And last but certainly not least, the first-ever Stan Lee Excelsior Award, given to the individual who had the greatest impact on comic books, went to our very own Editor In Chief Joe Quesada!
"Simply put, these are the awards that we value above all," stated Quesada. "The final judge on what all of us do is the fans, and tonight they told us they like the direction that Marvel is moving in. And we'd be remiss if we didn't pass that praise onto the people who really make the magic: the writers, pencilers, inkers, colorists and letterers who bring our favorite heroes and villains to life. We owe these awards to the creators... and to the fans that we're honored to entertain."
Your Man @ Marvel,
Marvel Marketing Communications Manager