When "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" hit theaters last March, its runtime came in at a whopping two and a half hours. Nevertheless, entire characters and subplots ended up on the cutting room floor -- until now. In the extended Ultimate Edition, a three-hour, R-rated cut of the film will restore these elements, and the latest trailer for the film's home release reveals some of this never-before-seen footage.
"We call it the 'Ultimate Cut' because to me it's a deeper dive into that world and there are storylines in there that get fleshed out by the longer version," Snyder said in March. "I would say that we didn't really take out much of the Superman/Batman story because I felt like, you know that's kind of the movie, but there was some sort of interstitial stuff that surrounds the story, that kind of finishes some of the ideas that we trimmed back, and I think that's what you get."
Although the bonus features are subject to change between now and the late June 15 release, here's the lineup of features on the home release as of now, courtesy of ComicBookMovie:
- Uniting the World's Finest
- Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants
- The Warrior, the Myth, the Wonder
- Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile
- Analyzing a New Legacy of Design: Superman
- Analyzing a New Legacy of Design: Batman
- Analyzing A New Legacy of Design: The Batcave
- The Might And The Power of a Punch
- The Empire of Luthor
- Save The Bats
- That's in addition to the two cuts of the film, and the Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD discs.
Directed by Zack Snyder and starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition" arrives on Digital HD June 28 and on Blu-ray July 19.