In honor of the debut of the second season of the Daredevil TV series on March 18th, which will introduce the Punisher into the Marvel Netflix universe, we're going to be doing a countdown of the forty greatest Punisher stories from March 11th through March 18th.
Punisher has had many great stories over the years, from one-shot issues to multi-issue stories to, well, sagas. So here you will be casting your vote for who you feel are the greatest Punisher stories!
You folks all vote in the comments section here up until 11:59 Pacific time, March 10th. I'll tabulate all the votes and I'll begin a countdown of the top 40 the next day. This is not a whole lot of time, but, well, the idea only occurred to me this morning.
Okay, here are the guidelines!
1. Vote in the comments section below, making sure to include that classic word "ACBC" somewhere in your comment so your vote will be marked invisible.
2. Vote for your TEN favorite Punisher stories.
3. Rank your ten stories from #1 (what you think is the greatest story) to #10 (what you think is the 10th greatest). I'd prefer it if you actually numbered your entry, #1-10. It's easier for me to count. On that note, please also avoid listing them like this "1) 2) 3) 4)," because 8 with a ) after it transforms into a smiley face in the comments section (this one 8) ). Just plain ol' "1. 2. 3." works best. Really, just use this template:
4. Your top choice will be given 10 points, your second choice 9, etc.
5. Now for the most annoying part of the rules. What is the definition of a particular story? First off, runs are not stories. To wit, you can't pick, say, Garth Ennis' Punisher and call it a story. It is not. That is a run made up of a bunch of different stories. You have to vote for the individual arcs. The easiest way nowadays is to simply split, say, Ennis' run into the individual trade paperbacks. Same with Mike Baron's Punisher. Although, and this is important, you can always go SMALLER if you'd like. Like say you want to vote for a one-off issue of the Punisher (like that Ennis/John Severin one-shot from a few years back, one of Severin's very last comics before he passed away).
6. Mini-series count as one story. Like the original Punisher mini-series. "Welcome Back, Frank" counts as one story.
7. Guest appearances in other books by the Punisher count if you would like to vote for them.
8. Graphic novels are also one story.
9. Make sure to include ACBC in your ballot.
10. If you have questions and/or requests for clarification, feel free to ask them in the comments section below. If you're unsure of something, probably better to ask BEFORE you vote. You have a week to vote, ya know?
11. I'll make various ruling in the interest of fairness as I see fit.
12. I'll list notable rulings in this section here as we go along:
Remember, please include the following word: ACBC - on your ballot. It will make it so your ballot appears invisible to other readers, so only I can read it (and count your vote secretly).
Most importantly, have fun!
Now vote! :)