In February 2019, War-Monger, the villainous immortal who first debuted in Unity, returns to Valiant Comics in the four-issue miniseries The Forgotten Queen, written by Tini Howard with art by Amilcar Pinna.
“I'm a sucker for unlikeable women," Howard said in a statement. "I'm a sucker for immortal heartbreak. And I'm a sucker for defining a villain. I couldn't resist [the War-Monger]. [THE FORGOTTEN QUEEN] is dirty and bloody and mean and ancient and modern. There are fights and sacrifice and kissing. We start on a modern research vessel working hard at sea, and we stick around to uncover what kinds of mysteries sink to the bottom of the ocean…”
“Tini [Howard]’s script is so awesome, and she has a great sense of what is going to work visually," Pinna added. "The entire team behind the book is comprised of great people! If readers want to see some really powerful female characters, this is the place!”
The Forgotten Queen will take place in both the past and the present day, exploring War-Monger's initial rise to power in the Mongol Empire and her current status quo in the Valiant Universe.
“Tini and Amilcar are crafting a sensational story to bring one of Valiant's most powerful and secretly influential characters into the spotlight; she will play a significant role in Valiant storylines to come," Executive Editor Joseph Illidge said. "THE FORGOTTEN QUEEN is just the tip of the iceberg of what Valiant has planned for 2019, during which we will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of when Valiant Comics was founded in 1989. More announcements are forthcoming, so check back as we dive deeper into the Valiant Universe!”
Check out the issue’s solicitation text and CBR’s exclusive preview below:
THE FORGOTTEN QUEEN #1 (of 4)
- Written by TINI HOWARD
- Art by AMILCAR PINNA
- Cover A by KANO
- Cover B by VIKTOR KALVACHEV
- Cover C by VERONICA FISH
- Blank Cover Also Available
- Long ago, the mighty generals of the Mongol Empire rode from Siberia to Carpathia and conquered all who stood in their way. Legends tell of a witch who walked with them, who could infect the hearts of any warriors in her midst with an unquenchable thirst for battle and bloodshed…a War Monger. And now she is walking again.
- This winter, an ancient evil will stir as superstar-in-the-making Tini Howard (Captain America Annual #1, Assasinistas) and powerhouse artist Amilcar Pinna (Generation X) unleash hell in a brand-new saga of honor, love, and savagery that’s centuries in the making!
- $3.99 | 32 pgs. | T+ | On Sale FEBRUARY 27th
The Forgotten Queen #1, by Tini Howard and Amilcar Pinna, goes on sale February 27, 2019, from Valiant Comics.