Other Tidbits Worth Mentioning
And now, a list of other interesting developments worth keeping an eye on...
- "The Real S.H.I.E.L.D.": Um, what? This is a crazy and fascinating development, and I'm fresh out of ideas.
- The picture frame on Andrew Garner's desk: Is this really someone else? Garner wasn't exactly up front all the time in this episode. Could it be May? Could it be family? This could easily be a one-and-done clue for the purpose of the episode, but there seems to be more to it.
- David Angar, aka Angar the Screamer: Angar has a comic book counterpart who first appeared in "Daredevil" #100. In the comics, he's got a supersonic scream -- just like a certain Inhuman king. Not that there's any real connection there, of course.
- Karla Faye Gideon: Gideon was also a comic book character, though a terribly minor one that appeared in the "Daredevil: Redemption" arc only.
- The Missing Obelisks from "Who You Really Are": OK, we're a bit late on this sucker, but it appeared as though there were seven obelisks -- ahem, Terrigen crystals -- missing from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s storage. The one that blew in the secret Inhuman city and the one of Gordon's desk are accounted for, leaving five others. Could the rest be hidden away in the Inhuman's secret kingdoms, including Attilan?
EXCLUSIVE: Matt Wagner's Grendel Returns in 2019