Next year is shaping up to be a game-changer for Iron Man and Tony Stark in the Marvel Universe, and the latest variant cover for Tony Stark: Iron Man teases ominous things for the man inside the machine.
Marvel Comics has released advance solicitation information for its titles going on sale this December, including Tony Stark: Iron Man #19, the final chapter of the current story arc "The Ultron Agenda." In addition to teasing an epic confrontation between Iron Man and the evil android Ultron, the variant cover illustrated by Larry Stroman provides a look at Iron Man 2020, the status quo-altering story starring the character next year. Stroman's variant and the advance solicit information for the issue are below:
TONY STARK: IRON MAN #19
- DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • FRANCESCO MANNA (A)
- Cover by Alexander Lozano
- 2020 VARIANT COVER BY LARRY STROMAN
- VARIANT COVER BY PETE WOODS
- THE ULTRON AGENDA FINALE!
- What if there is no Tony Stark? What if there is only the Iron Man? At the end of 2019, the boundaries between man and machine are blurred and broken... and the Marvel Universe will be a very different place in the year 2020. A new Iron Age is coming... and you do NOT want to miss this pivotal issue.
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Iron Man 2020 has been hinted to feature a hybrid between man and android, as the Armored Avenger may become more iron and less man. As the hybrid of Ultron and Hank Pym has menaced Tony and Jocasta in the current storyline, Tony Stark may soon become a literal ghost in the machine.
Tony Stark: Iron Man #19 is written by Dan Slott and Christos Gage and illustrated by Francesco Manna. It is scheduled to go on sale this December from Marvel Comics.