Daredevil antagonist Typhoid Mary is set to make her live-action debut in Season 2 of Netflix's Iron Fist, and the villain will also make her presence known in the comics with the Typhoid Fever: X-Men #1 one-shot.
Writer Clay McLeod Chapman and artist Will Robson return Typhoid Mary to Hell's Kitchen, where she will place herself in charge of the local psychiatric hospital. When her telekinetic abilities begin to overwhelm the neighborhood, the X-Men decide it's time to step in and bring her stranglehold to an end. However, what the X-Men aren't expecting is a confrontation with the friendly-neighborhood Spider-Man.
The one-shot continues the story from October's Typhoid Fever: Spider-Man #1, which sees Spider-Man team up with Daredevil while the latter is busy trying to take down New York City Mayor Wilson Fisk.
Typhoid Mary’s power set ranges the full gamut of psychic abilities. She can influence the thoughts of others, telekinetically control objects and light things on fire with her mind. First appearing in Daredevil #254, Typhoid Mary set her sights on Matt Murdock prior to the lawyer’s emergence as a superhero. Matt was responsible for Mary’s fall out of a window, a slight for which she has never forgiven him.
Check out the cover and solicitation text for Typhoid Fever: X-Men #1, below:
TYPHOID FEVER: X-MEN #1
- CLAY McLEOD CHAPMAN (W) • WILL ROBSON (A)
- Cover by R.B. Silva
- VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN
- CONNECTING VARIANT BY GERARDO SANDOVAL (2 OF 3)
- TYPHOID MARY has returned to Hell’s Kitchen and taken over the neighborhood’s psychiatric hospital, overwhelming Manhattan’s most dangerous neighborhood with her unique telekinetic abilities.
- When mutants and humans alike get caught in the crossfire, the X-Men have no choice but to intervene… only to square off against THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN?!
- 40 PGS./ one-shot /Rated T+ …$4.99