SPOILER WARNING: This article contains major spoilers for the recently aired midseason finale of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “What They Become.”
Befitting of a midseason finale, the last episode of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” until March was packed with game-changing developments and big revelations. We finally learned the truth about Skye’s origin, met our first couple of Inhumans and witnessed the detonation of a Terrigen Bomb. For fans that have stuck around with the show since its debut last fall, this episode marked the biggest payoff we’ve seen to date as plot threads that have been dangling since episode one were tied up.
Both Kyle MacLachlan’s doctor and Skye received first names that establish them as Marvel Comics characters: MacLachlan’s doctor is named Cal — or Calvin Zabo, a.k.a. the brutish Mister Hyde — and Skye’s actually named Daisy, confirming that she is actually “Secret Warriors” lead character Daisy “Quake” Johnson. Both Skye/Daisy and the mysterious Raina, the only two characters able to survive touching the Kree obelisk, were exposed to the Terrigen Mist and emerged from cocoons as Inhumans. And yeah, we even got to see an actual Terrigen Bomb detonate deep within the ancient Kree city.
All of these developments have been playing out for a while. Now that the Terrigen dust has settled, you can check out the articles and investigations that led us to where we are now.
- October 1: Is “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.l.D.” Setting Up Inhumans In The MCU?: The first thing that tipped CBR’s Meagan Damore off to the Inhumans’ involvement? It was the mysterious writing.
- October 27: Is “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” About to Drop a Terrigen Bomb?: After a few more episodes, Damore clued in on the blue alien being a Kree, the doctor possibly being Mr. Hyde and the obelisk’s true purpose.
- October 28: Marvel Studios Announces “Captain Marvel,” “Black Panther,” “Avengers: Infinity War”: A day later, Marvel announced that it has big plans for the Inhumans, including a feature film.
- November 19: CONFIRMED: “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Alien Is A Kree: EP Jeffrey Bell let it slip that the alien from season one was, in fact, a Kree.
- November 21: Collision Course: Expanding Marvel’s Cinematic Universe with Inhumans in “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”: In this essay, Damore examined how the Inhumans will impact the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
- December 3: “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Recap: “Ye Who Enter Here”: Recapper Kiel Phegley spotted a big hint about Skye’s birth name in his recap for last week’s episode.
- December 7: 5 Super Alter Egos for “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s” Skye: With the big Skye reveal imminent, we ran down the five comic book characters she could possibly be — with one possibility standing above all the others.
- December 10: “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Showrunners on the Midseason Finale’s Marvel “Gamechanger”: Showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen can finally discuss the long game they’ve been playing to get the Inhumans and Quake into the MCU.
The Inhumans will most likely continue to have an impact on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” when it returns to ABC in March.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!