* Cemetery Blues creators Thomas Boatwright and Ryan Rubio will release the horror/western/humor mash-up Zeke Deadwood, via Slave Labor Graphics in July:
He’s tough. He’s heroic. He’s… really, really stinky. Like gag-inducing, birds-falling-from-the-sky stinky. He’s Zeke Deadwood, zombie lawman, and if you’re a no-count outlaw looking to rustle up trouble, you’d best be moving on! A villainous band of varmints has taken over a small town, and the townsfolk’s only hope is an undead loner. Can Zeke stop the drunken rampage of terror? Will the townsfolk even let themselves be saved by the undead?
* Terry Moore revealed that he is putting together a Strangers in Paradise Omnibus that will debut at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
* IDW plans to release a remastered version of Elaine Lee and Michael Kaluta’s cult classic Starstruck this August:
The 13-issue series will be scanned from the original art, then re-colored by Lee Moyer, a painter who’s done covers for books by Iain Banks, H.P. Lovecraft, and Marion Zimmer Bradley.
* Over at the Schulz Library blog, James Sturm has a quick Q&A with Graham Chaffee (remember him?) who reveals he’s working on a new project, to be hopefully published in 2010:
The new book is cause I met a muse and she got me all fired up to be creative again, painting, drawing, writing, the works…so now I’m doing a talking-animal story about a dog without any purpose in his life. Dogs are born followers, and his chronically stray condition is making him a nervous wreck – he has nightmares and envies his retarded bulldog pal who spends all day tied to a tree
Sample pages are at the link.
* Boing Boing has a preview of the third issue of Jordan Crane’s Uptight.
* Time Out has a sneak peek at R. Sikoryak’s upcoming Masterpiece Comics.
* In sad news, Mike Rhode reveals Vertigo hasn’t signed up Harvey Pekar to do a third American Splendor series.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!