Official Press Release
June’s issue of Diamond Previews (Volume XIII #6) features the advance solicitation of the most eagerly anticipated project of the year: THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS (JUN030253). This 160-page, oversized (7 1/4″ x 10 7/8″) hardcover original graphic novel from VERTIGO features the return to comics storytelling of Hugo Award-winning, New York Times best-selling author Neil Gaiman. With an international dream-team of artists, Gaiman explores each member of The Endless in a series of seven powerful tales.
Please note that the correct page count for THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS is 160 pages, as noted in its advance solicitation on pages 56-57 of Previews and in its listing on page 106.
“I’ve been working on ENDLESS NIGHTS for over two years,” says Gaiman. “It’s the equivalent of writing almost seven monthly comics, for the top artists in comics. Now that the stories have come in, it’s better than I dreamed.”
This unparalleled roster of artists illustrates the seven stories:
* P. Craig Russell (THE SANDMAN #50, The Ring of the Nibelung) illustrates a story of Death and a day that goes on forever.
* Milo Manara (Click, Butterscotch) – the Italian artist famous for his captivating portrayals of the female form – paints a story of love and Desire in ancient times.
* Bill Sienkiewicz (Elektra: Assassin, THE SHADOW) brings us to Delirium’s realm on a strange rescue mission.
* Spanish architect and illustrator Miguelanxo Prado (Streak of Chalk, Peter and the Wolf) takes us back to the dawn of time, when stars spoke…
* Barron Storey (The Marat/Sade Journals), one of America’s premiere illustrators, creates 15 heartrending portraits of Despair.
* Glenn Fabry (award-winning PREACHER cover artist) draws a story of future archaeologists learning a little too much about Destruction.
* Frank Quitely (New X-Men, THE AUTHORITY, JLA: EARTH 2) contributes a final commentary on Destiny.
In addition to these stories, THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS includes a biography section and a summary of each volume in the Sandman Library. Dave McKean, THE SANDMAN cover-artist and one of today’s finest illustrators, exquisitely crafts the wraparound cover and book design. THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS is sure to delight Gaiman’s large and loyal following.
This project is supported with:
* House ads
* Trade ads, including one in the science fiction/fantasy publication Locus
* A free 8-page preview book being distributed to retailers and at conventions this summer
* A counter display
* A full-color poster
* A mini-site at www.vertigo.com.
In addition, DC Publicity Manager Peggy Burns anticipates national media support for ENDLESS NIGHTS.
“Due to Neil Gaiman’s high profile and his legendary Sandman mythos, we have received an unprecedented amount of response to THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS from the mainstream press,” says Burns. “The compelling storytelling and the gorgeous artwork combined with his featured appearances at Book Expo America and the upcoming New York Is Book Country are guaranteed to land press coverage around the world.”
THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTSNIGHTS (JUN030253), an oversized (7 1/4″ x 10 7/8″) 160-page original hardcover graphic novel, is an essential part of VERTIGO’S Tenth Anniversary celebration. Edited by Karen Berger and Shelly Bond, it is suggested for mature readers. THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS is advance-solicited in June’s issue of Previews (Volume XIII #6) to arrive in comic-book stores September 17 with a cover price of $24.95 U.S.
Also solicited this month from DC Direct is THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS POSTER, painted by fan-favorite artist Frank Quitely (THE AUTHORITY, New X-Men). Quitely, known for his beautifully precise yet disturbingly edgy work, takes his style one step further in this striking portrait of the entire Endless family. The image stopped fans and pros alike in their tracks when it was on display as one of the four large DC booth banners at Wizard World East. Measuring 24″ x 36″, this breathtaking poster is priced at $7.95 and will be in stores September 17, to coincide with the release of THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS hardcover.
Retailers: Please see the June Previews Order form and take advantage of the special ordering incentives for THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS, a project with both immediate sales potential and long-term shelf-life.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!