“Everyone loves a bad guy,” writer Donny Cates tells CBR of his first Marvel Comics series’ star, “and there’s no better bad guy than Thanos.”
Cates, who is teaming with his God Country collaborator Geoff Shaw and colorist Antonio Fabela to tell the story of what happens when Marvel’s Mad Titan finally achieves his ultimate goal, promises fans of Jim Starlin’s most enduring creation they won’t be disappointed when Thanos’ biggest story kicks off in November.
“We will bear witness to how Thanos’ victory came to fruition, but not maybe in the way that some people think,” Cates told CBR in an extensive interview. “This is a book that’s filled with surprises and reveals. We jump around in time a lot. We’ll go back and see parts of Thanos’ origin that we haven’t previously seen.”
Check out the first three pages of Cates and Febela’s Thanos #13, which finds the cosmic-level force of nature destroy the Chitauri and their king, below.
- DONNY CATES (W) • GEOFF SHAW (A/C)
- Lenticular Homage (LH) Variant Cover by JACEN BURROWS
- Legacy Headshot Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
- Trading Card Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
- VARIANT COVER BY TBA
- THANOS WINS Part 1
- Ask the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe how they fear the universe will end, and in their most honest moment, they will answer with two words… THANOS WINS. Now… see what happens when he does.PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES!
- 32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!