In July, 2005, ComicBookResources was invited to Sydney, Australia by Warner Bros to visit the set of “Superman Returns,” one of the most hotly anticipated films of 2006. Along with sites such as BlueTights.Net, Dark Horizons and SupermanHomepage, CBR News was granted a lengthy set visit and round table discussion with almost all the big stars involved with the film. Here’s a list of who was interviewed:
- Brandon Routh, who plays Clark Kent/Superman
- Kate Bosworth, who plays Lois Lane
- Kal Penn, who plays Stanford, Lex Luthor’s newest henchmen
- Parker Posey, who plays Kitty Koslowski, Luthor’s femme fatale
- Bryan Singer, who directed “Superman Returns”
- Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris, who wrote “Superman Returns”
- Guy Dyas, Production Designer for “Superman Returns”
- Gil Adler, Producer Of “Superman Returns”
- Chris Lee, Executive Producer of “Superman Returns”
- Louise Migenbach & Dan Bronson, Costumer for “Superman Returns”
In addition to this bevy of lengthy interviews (with the Routh interview over an hour long), CBR News will also bring you impressions of the set and the cast, to set aside any fears you may have about the film. Most of the interviews are spread into two parts, and CBR fans know that we don’t split up interviews unless they’re real long pieces. We asked the questions to which you wanted answers…and we got ’em.
For example, are you one of the people worried about the look of the costume? Don’t worry, it looks perfect in person and translates excellently on film. Do you think Brandon Routh is too small for the role? CBR can safely say that Routh is quite suited for the role, both personally and physically, much like Christian Bale suited the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Are you curious about the look of the sets? Guy Dyas revealed a lot to the journalists in attendance, showing us design sheets and models that would make even the most bashful fan leave their jaw hanging on the ground.
So stay tuned to CBR News, for continuing coverage of “Superman Returns” in our daily Comic Reel Wrap’s by Hannibal Tabu, and get ready for June 1st, when CBR News brings you the most in depth interviews you’ve seen yet. You think the recent “Wizard: The Comics Guide” spotlight on “Superman Returns” was big? Ours is bigger. And we’ll have even more impressions from the sets, to let you get a feel for what it was like to be standing in…well… we can’t tell you where.
And now you can discuss this story on CBR’s TV/Film Forum.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!