DC's Superman Family of titles will expand this summer. Writer Matt Fraction (Sex Criminals, Invincible Iron Man) and artist Steve Lieber (Superior Foes of Spider-Man, The Fix) will be the creative team on a Jimmy Olsen ongoing series, with writer Greg Rucka (Wonder Woman, Lazarus) and artist Mike Perkins (Green Lanterns, Iron Fist) collaborating on a Lois Lane ongoing series.
The new titles were revealed in DC's May 2019 solicitation for Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1. Both series will spin out of the events of the "Leviathan" threat in Superman and Action Comics.
Bendis will team with artist Alex Maleev for "Leviathan," which refers to the criminal organization. Leviathan played a big role in Batman Incorporated, where Talia al-Ghul was revealed to be the organization's leader. As that story revealed, Talia formed Leviathan to be the antithesis of Batman Incorporated and dedicated it to spreading death, destruction, crime and anarchy to spite Batman for rejecting her romantic affections.
You can find the cover and solicitation for May's Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1 below:
SUPERMAN: LEVIATHAN RISING SPECIAL #1
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS,
- MATT FRACTION, GREG RUCKA and MARC ANDREYKO
- art by YANICK PAQUETTE, STEVE LIEBER and MIKE PERKINS
- cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
- An all-star roster of writers and artists highlight the new threat of Leviathan, but also tees up new ongoing series for Jimmy Olsen by writer Matt Fraction and artist Steve Lieber, and Lois Lane by writer Greg Rucka and artist Mike Perkins, coming in June! As Leviathan enacts a plan to take down Superman, it’s up to Lois, Jimmy and the heroes of the DC Universe to rescue the Man of Steel.
- ONE-SHOT | PRESTIGE FORMAT
- ON SALE 05.29.19
- $9.99 US | 80 PAGES
- FC | RATED T