After traveling the galaxy with his grandfather, Jor-El, since the Man of Steel weekly series, Superboy is back on Earth with an all-new look on the cover of February 2019's Superman #8.
The most notable change to Jon Kent is his size, with Superboy looking a lot older than when he departed Earth months ago. Jon could pass for an older teenager than the young, bright-eyed boy that Superman remembers. Also, Superboy appears to be wearing red, blue and black Kryptonian armor, most likely given to him by Jor-El.
Another new development for Superboy comes from the issue's solicitation, and the mention of a war that Superboy and his grandfather took part in. Superboy will look to Superman for help in staving off whatever evil is coming their way, while also working together to end the war once and for all.
Below you can find the cover and solicitation text for Superman #8, out in February from DC:
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
- art by IVAN REIS, JOE PRADO and BRANDON PETERSON
- cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
- variant cover by ROB LIEFELD
- The epic secrets of Superman continue to unfold! A few months in space with his paternal grandfather Jor-El changed Jon Kent forever. With Jon now seeking help from his father, the Man of Steel must learn about the war his son and father fought together and set right the wrongs his father may have unleashed on other worlds. See what changed Superboy in such radical ways as the Unity Saga continues.
- ON SALE 02.13.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.