WARNING: The following article contains some spoilers for Superman #10, on sale April 10.
Last year, Jon Kent left Earth to explore the stars with his father, Jor-El, only to return several weeks later and, somehow, several years older as well. Now, Superboy is filling his parents in on what happened after Superman and Lois Lane bid their son goodbye, and, well, it's pretty chilling stuff.
Brian Michael Bendis, Ivan Reis, Brandon Peterson and Joe Prado continue the Teen of Steel's story, revealing that not only did he come face to face with his father's Earth-3 counterpart, Ultraman of the Crime Syndicate. For years, the evil Superman held his "son" prisoner, spending one-on-one time with him as some sort of twisted therapy, until Superwoman, Earth-3's malicious and superpowered Lois Lane, discovered her husband's secret.
In our exclusive first look at Superman #10, we see what happens after the villain stumbles upon her spouse's secret jail, as Superwoman chases Jon across the planet, hell-bent on murdering the young hero. On one hand, Jon is scarped out of him mind, as he's severely overpowered and has nowhere near the experience needed to take on his mother's doppelgänger. On the other hand, as he tells his parents mid-story, the experience may have been traumatizing, but it at least let him realize that he had no deep-seated mother issues.
Luckily, his grandfather, Jo-El, makes a last minute appearance, finally finding his lost grandson after years of searching -- but will his arrival be enough to save them both, or will there be a lot more to the story? We'll find out when Superman #10 arrives in stores this Wednesday, April 10 from DC Comics.
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
- art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
- variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
- Superman and Superboy venture forth into the cosmos to stop Jor-El before he tips the galaxy into utter chaos. Also, Superman would like to have a word with his father about what happened to his son. All this and the fate of General Zod. “The Unity Saga” continues in the pages of SUPERMAN, named one of the best superhero comics of 2018 by Paste magazine!
- ON SALE 04.10.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.