When DC's Year of the Villain arrives this fall, the Batman Who Laughs will infect beloved DC characters with a pathogen that transforms them into the evilest versions of themselves. Now, another one of his victims has been revealed.
Dan Mora's acetate cover to Supergirl #36, which was released with DC's October and November solicitations, shows Kara Zor-El as a member of the infected. The outer cover finds her leaping in front of a glowing green batarang to save her cousin Superman; the inner cover reveals her deadly transformation. Both covers and the full solicitation for the issue appear below.
- writtenby MARC ANDREYKO
- art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
- acetate cover by DAN MORA
- card stock variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
- Supergirl—the infected! Brainiac-1 attempts to contact Supergirl at the Fortress of Solitude, but for what nefarious purpose? No matter what he has planned, things are about to go from bad to worse as Supergirl heads on a collision course with the Batman Who Laughs! He’s targeted Superman as part of his plan to infect heroes and transform them into their twisted Dark Multiverse counterparts—but Supergirl gets caught in the crossfire, and the Year of the Villain stakes get even higher!
- ON SALE 11.13.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- card stock variant cover $4.99
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
- Please note the acetate covers will be available on first printings only.
DC's Year Of The Villain #1 kicked off with a 32-page one-shot, which is available digitally for free. It leads into to some of the biggest story arcs that make up Year of the Villain, with stories by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev, plus details on Snyder’s The Batman Who Laughs, Tom King’s "City of Bane" story arc in Batman and the recently announced Batman/Superman by Joshua Williamson and David Marquez.
Marc Andreyko, Eduardo Pansica and Julio Ferreira's Supergirl #36 goes on sale November 13. Read DC's full solicitations here.