Currently the highest-grossing horror film, ever, this year's reboot of Stephen King's It was a smash hit with fans and critics alike. Now, details have surfaced for the film's home video release, and it's quite a treat.
Packed with loads of featurettes and deleted scenes, the Blu-ray and DVD for Stephen King's It hits shelves on January 9, 2018.
"The 4K Blu-ray release of It will feature Dolby Vision HDR that dramatically expands the color palette and contrast range, and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen — frame by frame," touts an official description from Blu-ray.com. "Also, the 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray discs of It will feature a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar. Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment."
Take a look at all the special feature below.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- Pennywise Lives! – Discover how Bill Skarsgård prepared to portray the primordial creature known as Pennywise the Dancing Clown.
- The Losers' Club – Get up close and personal with the teenage stars of "IT" as they bond together during the production.
- Author of Fear – Stephen King reveals the roots of his best-selling novel, the nature of childhood fear and how he created his most famous monster, Pennywise
- Deleted Scenes – Eleven deleted or extended scenes from the film
- Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
On a production budget of $35 million, director Andy Muschietti’s It has grossed over $685 million at the worldwide box office and over $326 million domestically; a sequel, set in the present day -- titled It: Chapter 2 -- has been fast-tracked by the studio. Muschietti is expected to direct.
Based on Stephen King’s classic novel of the same name, director Andy Muschietti’s It stars Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise, Finn Wolfhard, Jaeden Lieberher, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Jack Dylan Grazer, Chosen Jacobs, Wyatt Oleff, Nicholas Hamilton, Owen Teague and Logan Thompson. It will be available to purchase on Blu-ray and DVD on January 9.