Even franchise fans who hated — hated! — director Rian Johnson’s film will no doubt buy the Star Wars: The Last Jedi home release, if only for the promise of 14 deleted scenes. Yes, 14.
How extensive those scenes might be aren’t revealed in Lucasfilm’s announcement this morning of its plans for digital, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand debut for the latest chapter in the blockbuster saga.
In addition to the deleted scenes, The Last Jedi’s bonus features will include an exploration of the mythology of the Force, scene breakdowns and, of course, director commentary from Johnson. Here’s the full rundown of bonus content:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be released in Multi-screen Edition (includes Blu-ray and a Digital copy), the 4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition (including 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and a Digital copy), and as Best Buy and Target retailer exclusives.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives March 13 on Digital HD and March 27 on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and On-Demand.
Written and directed by Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi stars Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Daisy Ridley as Rey, John Boyega as Finn, Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke, Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux, Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata, Benicio Del Toro as ‘DJ’, Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico, Laura Dern as Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo, and the late Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!