First seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens' climactic space battle, Black Squadron -- Poe Dameron's wingmen -- were noticeably absent during the events of The Last Jedi. Now, Charles Soule and Angel Unzueta's Poe Dameron #29 will reveal where the wayward pilots have been.
Originally taking place before the events of The Force Awakens, Star Wars: Poe Dameron was launched by Soule and artist Phil Noto in April 2016 and showed the Resistance's ace fighter pilot leading his squadron against the First Order across the galaxy. Over the course of the series, the series has showcased the various pilots of Black Squadron, providing extensive in-continuity backstories for the prominent members of the team.
Beginning in issue #26, the Star Wars ongoing series catches up with the movie timeline, with the comic taking place immediately after the final scene of The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: Poe Dameron #29 by Charles Soule and Angel Unzueta goes on sale this July. Check out the cover and full solicitation below.
- STAR WARS: POE DAMERON #29
- CHARLES SOULE (W) • Angel Unzueta (A)
- Cover by PHIL NOTO
- Where were SNAP WEXLEY, JESSIKA PAVA and the rest of BLACK SQUADRON during the events of THE LAST JEDI?
- Fighting for the very survival of THE RESISTANCE, of course.
- Now, at last, their story can be told…
- 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
- Star Wars Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd.