The shortlist has been announced for the 2015 Stan Lee Excelsior Award and the new Stan Lee Excelsior Award Junior, whose winners are selected by students at secondary and primary schools, respectively, across the United Kingdom.
Established in 2011 by Paul Register, a school librarian in Sheffield, the Stan Lee Excelsior Award is designed to promote comics and to encourage children and teenagers to read. The Stan Lee Excelsior Award Junior is being introduced this year.
The winners — first, second and third place — will be announced in July. The nominees are:
Stan Lee Excelsior Award
- All-New Ghost Rider: Engines of Vengeance, by Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore (Marvel)
- Barakamon, by Satsuki Yoshino (Yen Press)
- Rocket Girl, Vol. 1, by by Brandon Montclare and Amy Reeder (Image Comics)
- Red Baron: The Machine Gunners’ Ball, by Pierre Veys and Carlos Puerta (Cinebook)
- Superman/Wonder Woman: Power Couple, by by Charles Soule and Tony S. Daniel (DC Comics)
- Moonhead and the Music Machine, by Andrew Rae (Nobrow)
- Alone: The Vanishing, by Bruno Gazzotti and Fabien Vehlmann (Cinebook)
- Ms. Marvel: No Normal, by G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona (Marvel)
Stan Lee Excelsior Award Junior
- Itty Bitty Hellboy, by Art Baltazar and Franco (Dark Horse)
- Melusine: Tales of the Full Moon, by Clarke and Gilson (Cinebook)
- Long Gone Don, by The Etherington Brothers (David Fickling Books)
- Hilda and the Black Hound, by Luke Pearson (Flying Eye Books)
- Bunny Vs. Monkey, by Jamie Smart (David Fickling Books)
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!