DC Comics' August 2015 solicitation text and cover images are here, revealing an early look at the publisher's releases planned for late summer. As usual, much of it was already announced -- such as the upcoming "DC Comics Bombshells" series by the all-Marguerite team of Marguerite Bennett and Marguerite Sauvage -- but there's plenty more to uncover.
Coming up this August, the new Batman will encounter a new villain, Harley Quinn is set for an all-star road trip and the Martian Manhunter is set to pop up in an expected series -- here are highlights from DC's August 2015 solicitations.
- Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo have a rather strong track record for their additions to the Batman mythos -- the Court of Owls has already made it to animation in "Batman vs. Robin" -- and they're doing it again in August's "Batman" #43. That issue is set to introduce a new villain named Mr. Bloom, targeting Gotham City early into the new Batman's cape crusading tenure.
- The trio of Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman -- who starred in the "Gotham City Sirens" series a few years back -- are set to reunite in the "Harley Quinn Road Trip Special" one-shot, co-written by the regular "Harley Quinn" team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti and illustrated by Bret Blevins and others. The story seems to be exactly what the title implies -- Harley, Ivy and Selina road trippin' across the USA.
- While the "Martian Manhunter" solo series continues in August with issue #3, J'onn J'onnz is also slated to guest star in "Section 8" #3, from the "Hitman" creative team of Garth Ennis and John McCrea. The Manhunter is set to volunteer as part of the team, and as the solicitation text asks: "What is J'onn J'onzz thinking?"
- Not only has the title "Hellblazer" returned in soon-to-debut ongoing series "Constantine: The Hellblazer," issue #3 (featuring art by Vanesa R. Del Rey) is set to introduce Georgiana Snow as "the Heckblazer," and yes, you read that correctly.
- August looks to bring a healthy amount of interconnectivity between the Bat-titles, with Damian Wayne guest-starring in "Bat-Mite" #3, and the new Batman appearing in "We Are... Robin" #3.
- Vertigo series "Coffin Hill" closes in August with issue #21: "Coffin Hill is full of stories, and Eve Coffin's comes to an end as enemies old and new converge on her town and her family one last time."
- DC and Warner Bros.' animated features get a new spotlight with a new series of combination hardcover/Blu-ray sets, pairing the original story with the animation it inspired. Scheduled for release on Sept. 1, the sets will include "The Death of Superman" hardcover paired with the "Superman: Doomsday" Blu-ray, "Batman: Year One" in print and animation and several more.
- Fans of superpets of both good and rage-filled dispositions can enjoy the Streaky the Super-Cat and Dex-Starr (of the Red Lanterns) plushes offered in the August solicitations, advance solicited for release in November.