Continuing their new exploration of literary icons, DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT presents the ultimate mystery as they unveil Sherlock Holmes!
Written by Leah Moore and John Reppion with reverence and a modern edge, artist Aaron Douglas completes the Victorian mood under the striking and iconic John Cassaday covers.
Issue #1 begins the "Trial of Sherlock Holmes" which presents the great detective with an all-too personal quandary and explores the nature of the man and his world with a mix of refined ambiance, carefully crafted mystery and chilling suspense!
"As a Doyle fan and an avid Holmes follower, I was skeptical about any new edition of these classic characters. I'm delighted to say that the book exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. The story and dialogue are crisp and clever without seeming out of time. The artwork by newcomer Aaron Campbell and storytelling by Leah Moore and John Reppion scripting, are first rate. Great faces and delicious angles. This book is the hands of smart creators who have clearly done their homework and given Sherlock Holmes a bold and fresh voice. Add to that a fantastic Cassaday cover and what are you waiting for? It's a Batman story with a brand new wrapper!"
- Jeph Loeb, Writer/Producer Heroes, Lost, Smallville and Writer Hulk, Batman The Long Halloween
"A fantastic opening shot, literally, to a great new Holmes mystery that I can't wait to read the next chapter of."
- Ed Brubaker - Writer Captain America, Incognito, Daredevil, Criminal and Angel of Death on Sony's Crackle.com
"Forget what you've heard: Sherlock Holmes is alive and well and living inside this book!"
- Joe Michael Straczynski - writer of Marvel's Thor and Amazing Spider-Man
A classic locked room mystery, deploying Conan Doyle's core cast with huge skill and conviction. Sit back with your favorite seven per cent solution and enjoy...
- Mike Cary - writer of X-Men: Legacy, Felix Castor novels, Hellblazer, Red Sonja co-writer, The Unwritten and Lucifer
Arthur Doyle may be dead, but reading Leah Moore and John Reppion's depiction of his immortal hero, Sherlock Holmes, will make you believe in his soul with us forever. One of the BEST revitalizations of a character I have EVER read.
- Marc Guggenheim - writer of Amazing Spider-Man, Eli Stone, co-writer of Super Zombies and co-writer on upcoming Green Lantern Feature Screenplay
"A faithful interpretation of one of fiction's very best characters that will please purist and newcomer alike. The game is afoot once again and I look forward to reading more."
- Brett Matthews - writer on The Lone Ranger comic and Eisner and Hugo Nominated writer
Wow. Just wow. THE TRIAL OF SHERLOCK HOLMES is classic in the best sense of the word, it takes characters we all know and love and breathes new life into them. You can tell the writers adore the characters. A thrilling read.
- Brian Lynch - Co-Writer Angel: After The Fall and Spike Asylum
"Dynamite's Sherlock Holmes launch and story is reminiscent of the their publishing of The Lone Ranger. Taking a classic character, making him accessible for today's fans and giving him new life. I am also always impressed by John Cassaday's cover designs, and his execution, and Holmes is no let down, in fact, it's taking it up a notch. Leah (Moore) and John Reppion are writing a story that will help cement their careers. Creating a new original story instead of an adaption of previous works is a plus for comics and Holmes fans!"
- Jae Lee - artist Dark Tower and cover artist Dead Irons
"Moore and Reppion bring new life to the iconic Holmes and Watson, with a tantalizing tale and their hallmark attention to period detail. Whether you're a dedicated Sherlockian or a Holmesian newbie, grab this one!"
- Leslie S. Klinger, author of the New Annotated Sherlock Holmes series
3 reasons to pick up Sherlock Holmes #1 from Dynamite by Vince
1. It's Sherlock Holmes minus all the Hollywood cliches, but with what feels like a great mystery at it's pounding heart.
2. This engaging mystery forces you to quickly turn page after page as you 'race the clock' along with Sherlock Holmes.
3. It's the return of hardcore mystery to comics. As Holmes would say, 'The Plot Thickens' and we all get to go along for the ride.
- Vince Gonzales - Former CBS and CNN Correspondent and investigative reporter, current Super Zombies co-writer
"I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes fan and a fan of both Leah and John. This can sit proudly beside Peter Ackroyd and Billy Wilder as one of the best reinterpretations of the character. Great stuff."
- Mark Millar - writer of Civil War, Wolverine, Kick Ass, Wanted
The great detective is back! I love the adventures of Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson and look forward to seeing where Leah Moore & John Reppion take them.
- Roger Ash, Content Editor - Westfield Comics (WestfieldComics.com)
At long last the return of Sherlock Holmes to a monthly comic! This will further help bring new comic buyers in to our store, thank you Dynamite for creating a variety of comics that appeal to all genres.
- Comic Central
"It's about time someone brings Sherlock Holmes back to comics, and who better than Leah Moore and John Reppion? Their comics pedigree is intact!"
- Vito Delsante - Hanley's Events Coordinator/Manager