As if Billy Batson's family wasn't big enough already, it's getting another new member in SHAZAM! #7.
According to the issue's June solicit, the issue, written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by Dale Eaglesham, "will send shock waves through the entire cast!" There will be two variant covers available for the issue: an action-packed one by Dale Eaglesham and one based on the poster for the upcoming movie by Ivan Reis.
The Shazam Family concept dates back decades, close to the beginnings of the character as Captain Marvel at Fawcett Comics. Traditionally, the family has included Captain Marvel, Jr., and Mary Marvel, both of whom have returned many times over the years for new adventures. In the New 52, under Johns and Eaglesham, Billy Batson could share the powers of SHAZAM with his friends when they all said the word.
You can read the solicitation and see the variant covers below.
- written by GEOFF JOHNS
- art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
- variant cover by IVAN REIS
- and OCLAIR ALBERT
- “Shazam and the Seven Magiclands” continues as the shocking new member of the Shazam family is revealed! This mystery person will send shock waves through the entire cast!
- ON SALE 06.19.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Shazam #7 goes on sale June 19.