After I recently named a CBR thread “Seven Standards,” everyone’s pal, Alex, posted what he felt (off the top of his head) were the
SEVEN STANDARDS for comics
Alex’s seven were:
1. art that has an evident level of craft.
2. stories that move in meaningful arcs, linear or not.
3. characterizations that are not contrived (unless that is part of the characterization itself!)
4. a sense of design that amplifies the themes of the content
5. thematic depth, so the comic works on many levels
6. thoughtful use of the medium itself to communicate
7. Cohesion of the above
I’d really like to hear what you folks (and any of you comic bloggers out there) would pick as your seven standards for comics.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!