Official Press Release
Sequart Research & Literacy Organization’s Minutes to Midnight: Twelve Essays on Watchmen is now available for order through comic shops (use Diamond order code AUG101288). The book, edited by Richard Bensam, is currently listed in the books section of August’s Previews catalog (page 344) and is set to hit stores in late October.
Minutes to Midnight offers 12 concise essays that examine the legendary graphic novel from varied, sometimes surprising viewpoints:
- Reassembling the Components in the Correct Sequence: Why You Shouldn’t Read Watchmen First, by Walter Hudsick
- Bringing Light to the World: Watchmen from Hiroshima to Manhattan, by Peter Sanderson
- The End Is Nigh: The Limits of Watchmen, by Geoff Klock
- The Smartest Man in the Morgue: Watchmen and “Twelve Notes on the Mystery Story,” by Chad Nevett
- Somebody Has to Save the World: Captain Metropolis and Role Playing Watchmen, by Tim Callahan
- 58 Varieties: Watchmen and Revisionism, Julian Darius
- Some Different Sort of Time: Watchmen as Cinema, by Patrick Meaney
- At Play Amidst the Strangeness and Charm: Watchmen and the Philosophy of Science, by William Ritchie
- The Last Laugh: Understanding Watchmen’s Big Joke, by John Loyd
- How the Ghost of You Clings: Watchmen and Music, by Mary Borsellino
- Blotting Out Reality: Questioning Rorschach, by Gene Phillips
- Nothing Ever Ends: Structural Symmetries in Watchmen, by Jon Cormier
No Watchmen fan or comics scholar should go without this critical analysis of the greatest graphic novel of all time. (Softcover, 6″x9″, 184 pgs, B&W, $19.95 cover price, ISBN 978-0-578-06076-7.)
– – – – – – – – – –
NOTE: Don’t assume your comics store will order copies – some stores might not even notice it in the catalog. The best thing you can do is tell your local retailer ASAP (they have to place orders before the end of August) that you want them to order you a copy. And because we’re buried in the catalog, it might help to give them the book’s order code, which is AUG101288.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Watchmen and related characters are trademarks of DC Comics. This book is not endorsed by DC Comics.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!