Comic-Con International has released the programming schedule for Thursday, July 23, as well as some special programming for preview night. You can check out the entire day’s worth of activities right here for yourself. Here are some of the highlights …
- During preview night on Wednesday, Warner Bross Television will show some of their pilots for upcoming TV series — Human Target, Vampire Diaries and the remake of V.
- The first panel that jumped out on me on Thursday is the 10 a.m. LongBox Digital Comics panel with Rantz Hoseley, Jeff Katz and other special guests as they demonstrate the product. They’ll also discuss, and no doubt announce, some of the partnerships they’ve formed with various comic companies.
- Interestingly enough, before the LongBox panel even ends, there’s a Motion Comics panel featuring folks from Warner Bros. and DC, including Paul Levitz, Dave Gibbons and Paul Dini. It starts at 10:30 a.m.
- Also at 10:30 a.m., Douglas Wolk and the folks from io9.com will talk about science fiction. I mention this because it may be your only opportunity to heckle our old friend Graeme McMillan.
- Several comic companies have panels on Thursday: IDW, Bongo Comics, Archaia, Devil’s Due, Top Shelf, Mondo Marvel, Vertigo, DC’s Superman books, DC’s Justice Society books, Archie Comics and Oni Press. There’s also a joint Cartoon Books and Abstract Studios panel, as Jeff Smith and Terry Moore are sharing booth space at the con this year. It says to expect a special announcement from Smith.
- There are also several spotlight panels on the con’s special guests, including Geoff Johns, Leinil Francis Yu, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Gene Yang, Richard Thompson, Gail Simone, Kevin Eastman, Jimmy Gownley and Bill Sienkiewicz, among others.
- As this is the con’s big 40th anniversary, they’ll have several panels that look back at the con’s origins and past … including a reunion panel for most of the members of the band Seduction of the Innocent.
- Movie panels on Thursday include Kick-Ass, Astro Boy and The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, among others.
- There are several “how to” panels featuring creators like Zander Cannon, Andrew Pepoy (who will teach you how to network at the show), J. Michael Straczynski and several creators from Marvel in a panel led by C. B. Cebulski.
- Thursday night brings the debut of the Green Lantern: First Flight animated DVD movie.
Per the site, they’ll be rolling out the schedules for each day over the next four days … so check back often.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!