For Comic-Con International: San Diego 2007, I'll be highlighting each day's news in podcast format, throwing in some oddball commentary along the way.
Today covers news from the end of Day 1 and most of Day 2, Friday. The exciting and interesting announcements are starting to roll in from the bigger companies, and tomorrow promises more fun stuff. But today's lineup of news is pretty good:
- Mark Waid is the chief editor at BOOM!
- Marc Guggenheim is a Marvel exclusive.
- Iron Man writers Daniel and Charlie Knauf are Eternals on-going writers.
- IDW gets Doctor Who and Speed Racer. Are licensed comics really getting big again?
- Terry Moore writes RUNAWAYS.
- Image has a panel. Todd McFarlane doesn't shut up.
- Batman viral marketing.
- Ellis and Bianchi on ASTONISHING X-MEN - Q1 2008 - 24 issues for Ellis.
- Dark Horse Presents Returns at MySpace - Godawful looking website to host cool looking comics, from Joss Whedon, Gabriel Ba, Ron Marz, and more.
- Cup O Joe Announcements
- Jamie Delano returns to HELLBLAZER.
Listen to or download the audio fromhere. (Roughly 12 minutes, 3 MB.)
Subscribe to the show:
The Pipeline Podcast updates three times during the weekend. Check back here late Saturday night or early Sunday morning for our next installment. And, of course, Pipeline Commentary and Review will be updated throughout the weekend. Day 1 and Day 2 are already out there.
Join the conversation atthe Pipeline Message Board!
New podcasts are uploaded weekly, usually on Tuesday nights. Click on the "Archives" link at the top of this page for more.
And don't forget to check out Pipeline Commentary and Review every Tuesday.