A rumor has emerged that Tom Hardy (“Mad Max: Fury Road”) will cameo in the upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VIII” — and newly revealed details suggest the Oscar-nominated actor will appear as a stormtrooper of the First Order.
According to MakingStarWars.net, Hardy’s cameo will play as comedic moment — in a similar fashion to Daniel Craig’s appearance in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” — wherein Hardy’s stormtrooper character is delighted to see Finn, after thinking he perished on the Starkiller Base.
The site breaks down Hardy’s cameo as the following:
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
Of course, this is all just a rumor at this point — but if it is in fact true, that would mean word hasn’t gotten out to the rest of the stormtroopers that Finn’s joined the Rebel Alliance.
“Star Wars: Episode VIII” is slated for a December 15, 2017 release.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!