We now know the names of the Rebel officers responsible for stealing the Death Star plans. Thanks to early pages from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’s” visual story guide, posted by edelweiss, the film’s cast has been revealed — along with a few new characters as well. There’s still a slight possibility that this information isn’t totally accurate as the pages themselves aren’t the final versions, but we’ll post a spoiler warning just in case.
As revealed in the “Rogue One” trailer, Felicity Jones is playing Jyn Erso (“a highly skilled soldier and warrior”). Joining her are:
– Captain Cassian Andor (Diego Luna), an officer in the Rebel Alliance
– Baze (Jiang Wen), a freelance assassin
– Bodhi (Riz Ahmed), a rebel soldier
– Pao, a “fierce warrior” alien that’s a CG character
– Chirrut (Donnie Yen), a spiritual warrior
– Bistan, another “fierce warrior” CG alien
– K-250 (Alan Tudyk), a CG Imperial Enforcer Droid that’s defected to the Rebellion
– Director Krennec (Ben Mendelsohn), an Imperial military director
It’s worth pointing out that a lot of the character description text is either vague or placeholder text from previous “Star Wars” companion books; the text accompanying the Imperial officers’ page, for instance, looks like it was pulled from a “The Force Awakens'” costume guide. Similarly, much of the descriptive text for the Rebel team is a variation on the same information. Each characters’ name and role, though, is unique.
The visual story guide arrives in stores on January 24, 2017; “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” debuts in theaters on December 16.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!