Watch out, bub - Weapon H is about to be unleashed on the Marvel Universe. The first issue of the Hulk/Wolverine hybrid's new series arrives in less than a week.
During the course of Marvel Comics’ recent “Weapons of Mutant Destruction” mini-event, a soldier named Clay was subjected to an experiment that spliced his DNA with samples from Amadeus Cho (the Totally Awesome Hulk) and Wolverine, creating a new-era super-soldier. By the end of the storyline, he had fought numerous Marvel heroes to a draw, and re-asserted himself over the brainwashing the Weapon X program forced on him. Now his own man, he’ll set out to make a name for himself in his own ongoing series.
Writer Greg Pak assures CBR that his and artist Cory Smith’s new series starring the Hulk-Wolverine hybrid will offer fans the chance to see iconic aspects of the core characters explored from a whole new angle. “The big danger of both Wolverine and the Hulk is, traditionally, that they can lose control, go berserk. But Clay was chosen for this procedure because he has intense military discipline,” Pak told us in a recent interview. “The idea is that he’s the perfect weapon because he can control this tremendous power. But now Clay’s free from Weapon X — so the question is what a person with this tremendous discipline is going to do with this terrifying power?”
Weapon H #1, from Greg Pak and Cory Smith, arrives Wednesday, March 21. Check out CBR’s exclusive preview below.
WEAPON H #1
- GREG PAK (W) • CORY SMITH (A)
- Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
- VARIANT Cover by SKAN
- VARIANT COVER BY GUSTAVO DUARTE
- TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
- HULK HOMAGE VARIANT COVER BY Dale Keown
- WOLVERINE HOMAGE VARIANT COVER BY Adam Kubert
- AWOL Part 1
- The Weapon X Program has done it again! At the cost of their own destruction, they’ve completed their biggest and possibly most dangerous experiment yet… With the strength of the Hulk and the rage and claws of Wolverine comes WEAPON H!
- It’s been some time since Weapon H escaped and destroyed his creators. Now, our hero is on the run, as he tries to escape his mysterious past and seclude himself from the rest of society. But when a new kind of Wendigo threatens the lives of others, will Weapon H be able to shirk his responsibility? Does any of his humanity remain? Only the creative team of Greg Pak (INCREDIBLE HULK) and Cory Smith (X-MEN BLUE) can give you the answers!
- 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99