In April, the Marvel Universe will find itself Venomized.
The creative team of Cullen Bunn and Iban Coello will unleash the Poisons, an alien race from another dimension that feeds on the symbiote race Venom is derived from, on New York City. And, as Bunn told CBR in a recent interview, not very Marvel character will make it through to the other side without experiencing some sort of major change or trauma.
"Venomized is the story of the Poisons invading Earth with the intent of consuming as many super-powered individuals as possible," Bunn explained for CBR. "This gives the Poisons an odd attack pattern. They must give people symbiotes, then consume both the symbiote and the host. The Poisons crave power, and they are just overconfident enough to launch a really crazy attack on Earth. I can tell you that several Marvel characters will not make it through this story unscathed and unchanged."
The five-issue weekly series will bring to a close Bunn’s ongoing Venom-based storyline that has been unfolding in the current Venomverse miniseries Check out CBR's first look at Venomized #1, below.
VENOMIZED #1 (OF 5)
- CULLEN BUNN (W) • IBAN COELLO (A)
- Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
- VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
- PROMO VARIANT COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
- CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY (1 OF 5)
- VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV
- VARIANT COVER BY GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
- BLANK VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
- VENOMIZED Part 1
- The story that began in VENOMVERSE reaches its epic conclusion with VENOMIZED! The POISONS, a species that hungers for super-powered symbiotes and their hosts, have picked their next target...THE MARVEL UNIVERSE ITSELF! Their first objective? Put every superhuman in a Klyntar symbiote – and CONSUME THEM! But with VENOM and the X-MEN still missing after the events of “Poison-X,” the planet, and its heroes, is defenseless!
- 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99