Official Press Release
Hey, True Believer!
Our nation has never needed heroes more than we do now. With the acts ofmadmen threatening all we hold dear, the time has come for one man to fightfor our freedoms! Axis of Evil beware -- here comes Captain America!
CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
Cover by John Cassaday
John Ney Rieber (w)/John Cassaday (p)
* THE SCOOP: Marvel Knights is proud to present an all-new, ongoing CAPTAINAMERICA series of gut-wrenching intensity -- by the acclaimed creative teamof writer John Ney Rieber (Books of Magic) and penciler John Cassaday(Planetary)!
* THE STORY: In the aftermath of 9/11, Cap must deal with the way America -and the world - has changed. From the ruins of the World Trade Center tothe horrors of a small town shaken by terrorism, this is one double-sizedfirst issue you'll never forget - and neither will Marvel's star-spangledchampion!
* THE WRITER SPEAKS: "The man's a soldier: fierce, focused, and absolutelydedicated to the American dream," Rieber stated. "He fights for the people -we, the people. Because he's one of us. He knows this country. He seesAmerica as it is - the beauty and the bloody shadows of it, the nobility andthe savagery of it. He knows what it could be - what it should be. What itwas meant to be, from the beginning... and he'd die to get us there. He isthe shield. Liberty's shield. And though he's just a man, like the ideal offreedom that drives him, he's really hard to kill."
* THE ARTIST SPEAKS: "I can't say this will be a revolution or anunrecognizable Captain America," said Cassaday. "However, what John NeyRieber and I are putting together will deliver a Captain America that hasmore on his mind than beating the super-villain-of-the-week senseless. OurCap believes in the American standard, but you won't catch him deliveringsyrupy speeches. Our man's patriotic testosterone comes out of his angryfists, not endless rhetoric. He fights for the American dream, fearing he'llnever have the chance to experience it himself. Revolution? Maybe not. Butit is The New Deal."
* THE FORMAT: The debut issue of this ongoing, monthly series is 48 pages,with ads. Printed on glossy stock paper.
* THE EXTRA INFO: Rated MarvelPG; Priced at $3.99; On sale April 24th; Order Cut-Off Date April 4th.
Marketing Communications Manager