Hey, True Believer!
In our continuing efforts to give our loyal readers and retailers sneakpeeks at key comics that will soon be coming from The House, here's anadvance look at BLADE #1! Below are pages five, six and seven by pencilerSteve Pugh. As you'll see, writer Chrisopher Hinz has plenty of nasty funplanned for the Daywalker!
Painted Cover by Tim Bradstreet
Christopher Hinz (w)/Steve Pugh (p)
* THE SCOOP: Thirsting for a Blade comic as wicked as his new movie? Then getready for the vampire killer's own MAX title!
* THE STORY: Blade is back, and he's hunting a new threat: the Tryk, anextremely vicious mutant vampire species. Complicating the situation is theappearance of the Seven, a secret society dedicated to the destruction ofsupernatural evil. Incredibly, they see Blade as the most dangerous vampireof all! And at the same time, an ancient vampiric text sends Blade on aquest to renounce his monstrous heritage and become fully human at last. Butcan a mere human withstand the murderous Tryk?
* THE CREATORS: Novelist Christopher Hinz and Eisner-nominated artist StevePugh (Preacher: Saint of Killers) join forces to resurrect the Daywalker inthis violent new ongoing series! Plus: fully painted covers by TimBradstreet - who helped design the two Blade movies!
* THE BUZZ: "Closer in tone to the Wesley Snipes smash movie, BLADE will takea harsher, bloodier approach to the vampire hunter than any of Marvel'sprevious incarnations." -Wizard, The Comics Magazine
* THE FORMAT: The debut issue of this ongoing monthly series is 32 pages,with ads.* THE RATING: Contains explicit content. Recommended for adult readers.
On Sale March 13th (MarvelPGplus) $2.99
Marketing Communications Manager