Hey, True Believer!
In our continuing efforts to give our loyal readers and retailers sneak
peeks at key comics that will soon be coming from The House, here’s an
advance look at BLADE #1! Below are pages five, six and seven by penciler
Steve Pugh. As you’ll see, writer Chrisopher Hinz has plenty of nasty fun
planned for the Daywalker!
Painted Cover by Tim Bradstreet
Christopher Hinz (w)/Steve Pugh (p)
* THE SCOOP: Thirsting for a Blade comic as wicked as his new movie? Then get
ready for the vampire killer’s own MAX title!
* THE STORY: Blade is back, and he’s hunting a new threat: the Tryk, an
extremely vicious mutant vampire species. Complicating the situation is the
appearance of the Seven, a secret society dedicated to the destruction of
supernatural evil. Incredibly, they see Blade as the most dangerous vampire
of all! And at the same time, an ancient vampiric text sends Blade on a
quest to renounce his monstrous heritage and become fully human at last. But
can a mere human withstand the murderous Tryk?
* THE CREATORS: Novelist Christopher Hinz and Eisner-nominated artist Steve
Pugh (Preacher: Saint of Killers) join forces to resurrect the Daywalker in
this violent new ongoing series! Plus: fully painted covers by Tim
Bradstreet – who helped design the two Blade movies!
* THE BUZZ: “Closer in tone to the Wesley Snipes smash movie, BLADE will take
a harsher, bloodier approach to the vampire hunter than any of Marvel’s
previous incarnations.” -Wizard, The Comics Magazine
* THE FORMAT: The debut issue of this ongoing monthly series is 32 pages,
with ads.* THE RATING: Contains explicit content. Recommended for adult readers.
On Sale March 13th (MarvelPGplus) $2.99
Marketing Communications Manager
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!