Superman and Lois Lane will need all the help they can get in order to take down Leviathan, so it's probably a good thing Manhunter makes her presence known in DC's Rebirth continuity for the first time in Brian Michael Bendis and Steve Epting's Action Comics #1011.
While this isn't Kate Spencer's Rebirth arrival, it does mark the first time she's been active in her masked vigilante role. It is interesting to note that despite this being the first time readers have seen her in costume since her pre-Flashpoint stint as a member of the Justice Society of America, Spencer has apparently been Manhunter for a while, as evidenced by the ease with which she took down Maggie Sawyer and her team of Special Crimes Unit officers.
In addition to Manhunter, Event Leviathan will see the Man of Steel and the DC Universe's top reporter team with several other heroes as they attempt to take down the surging criminal empire. Batgirl, The Question, Plastic Man, Green Arrow and, yes, Batman are all poised to play a role in tackling the mystery at the core of Bendis and Alex Maleev's six-issue event series.
Check out CBR's exclusive preview for Action Comics #1011, by Brian Michael Bendis, Steve Epting, Brad Anderson and Josh Reed, below. The issue, featuring a cover by Epting and a variant by Francis Manapul, arrives in stores Wednesday, May 22.
ACTION COMICS #1011
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
- art and cover by STEVE EPTING
- variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
- Leviathan wins! After the destruction of anyone and everyone who could stand in its way—from Lois Lane’s military father, Sam Lane, to agencies such as Spyral and Checkmate—the newly reorganized and amped-up evil organization stands ready to topple even the Man of Steel! With a shocking conclusion that’ll affect the entire DC Universe over the summer, don’t miss the epic and unexpected conclusion to “Leviathan Rising.”
- ON SALE 05.22.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.