USA Today's Pop Candy blogger Whitney Matheson gets into the spirit of the season with her own rundown of the best comics and graphic novels of 2013. However, she cautions this isn't a "definitive" list, as "I can only read so much!"
- March: Book One, by Rep. John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powell (Top Shelf)
- Relish: My Life in the Kitchen, by Lucy Knisley (First Second)
- Calling Dr. Laura: A Graphic Memoir, by Nicole J. Georges (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- My Dirty Dumb Eyes, by Lisa Hanawalt (Drawn and Quarterly)
- Red Handed: The Fine Art of Strange Crimes, by Matt Kindt (First Second)
- The Private Eye, by Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin (Panel Syndicate)
- Pippi Fixes Everything, by Astrid Lindgren andIngrid Vang Nyman (Drawn and Quarterly)
- Trillium, by Jeff Lemire (Vertigo)
- Bad Houses, by Sara Ryan and Carla Speed McNeil (Dark Horse)
- A Matter of Life, by Jeffrey Brown (Top Shelf)
- Burning Building Comix, by Jeff Zwirek (Top Shelf)
Her commentary on each entry can be found at the link.