Oni Press has provided CBR News with the exclusive first look at covers and solicit information for products shipping May 2017. When you're through checking out these solicitations, be sure to visit CBR's Indie Comics Forum and discuss these Oni Press releases with fellow readers.
While a new issue of "Invader Zim" doesn't appear in this month's round of solicitations, the publisher assures -- along with a note at the end of the solicitation text itself -- that the series will return in May.
Oni Press Solicitations - Last Six Months
- Product shipping April 2017
- Product shipping March 2017
- Product shipping February 2017
- Product shipping January 2017
- Product shipping December 2016
- Product shipping November 2016
THE DAMNED #1
- CULLEN BUNN (W) • BRIAN HURTT (A/CA) • BILL CRABTREE (C)
- In a Prohibition-era world where demonic princes pull the strings that make crime families dance, Eddie is a mortal with two things working for him. First of all, he can’t die. Well, he can and does, quite often, but he doesn’t stay down for long. Second, Eddie runs the Gehenna Room, a nightclub with a strict “no demons allowed” policy. But blessings and curses don’t look all that different these days, and failing to tell the two apart can get a guy killed–over and over again in Eddie’s case. So when one of Eddie’s old pals shows up seeking sanctuary, Eddie knows he’s in for a double-cross, and that means walking the line between salvation and damnation once more.
- MAY 3 / 32 PGS. / Mature / Crime, Fantasy / $1
LETTER 44 #33
- CHARLES SOULE (W) • ALBERTO JIMÉNEZ ALBURQUERQUE (A/CA) • DAN JACKSON (C/CA)
- THE END IS NEAR. The first of three final installments that will bring the award-winning series to a close.
- MAY 24 / 32 PGS. / Mature / Sci-fi / $3.99
- NEAL HOLMAN (W) • CLAYTON MCCORMACK (A/CA) • KELLY FITZPATRICK (C)
- Superintendent Denton Coyle continues piecing together the sliding puzzle of bombs, dead aliens, and his fractured past, culminating in a showdown with everyone's favorite corporate suit, Anya Belikova. Meanwhile, the rest of the planet obsesses over a dumb dog. C'mon people, priorities!
- MAY 10 / 32 PGS. / Mature / Sci-fi / $3.99
INVADER ZIM #20
- ERIC TRUEHEART (W) • WARREN WUCINICH (A/CA) • FRED C. STRESING (C)
- INCENTIVE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY JEY ODIN
- Another thrilling adventure! Another dastardly plot! Another roast beef sandwich rotting in the sun! Who left the sandwich out again? It smells really bad!
- MAY 31 / 32 PGS. / All Ages / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
RICK AND MORTY #26
- KYLE STARKS (W) • CJ CANNON (A/CA) • KATY FARINA (C) • MARC ELLERBY (A/C)
- INCENTIVE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY DEREK FRIDOLFS AND PAMELA LOVAS
- Rick is the only thing that stands between our world and an alien invasion. Surely he’ll do something about it! Or, sh*t, maybe Jerry will.
- MAY 31 / 32 PGS. / Teen, 16+ / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
KIM REAPER #2
- SARAH GRALEY (W/A/C/CA)
- Guiding souls to the afterlife doesn’t always go smoothly, especially when SOMEONE (Becka!) interrupts the job. Now, Kim and Becka must contend with a very irate and very uncooperative customer. The pair need to hatch a plan to complete Kim’s allotment of souls without interruption, or Kim may lose her job—and potentially her life!
- MAY 17 / 32 PGS. / Teen / Humor, Adventure / $3.99
THE LIFE AFTER, VOLUME 4: EXODUS
- JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV (W) • GABO (A/C/CA)
- Jude is the son of God, cast out from the heavens and forced to make a life on Earth. Cursed with the knowledge of the afterlife but unable to reach it, Jude focuses his power on convincing people to disavow their belief in a higher power. On the other side of the fight is Essie, the child who was never born, who recruits believers to her side. When the fight between faith and disbelief is fought on the mortal coil, the fallout is catastrophic.
- This volume collects the final five issues of The Life After: Exodus, the fourth volume of The Life After saga, a strange and insightful journey that goes far beyond the veil.
- JULY 26 / 128 PGS. / Mature / Fantasy, Adventure / $19.99
INVADER ZIM HARDCOVER, VOLUME 1
- JHONEN VASQUEZ (W) • ERIC TRUEHEART (W) • AARON ALEXOVICH (A/CA) • DAVE CROSLAND (A) • J.R. GOLDBERG (A) • WARREN WUCINICH (A) • MEGAN LAWTON (A) AND MORE!
- Finally, a deluxe hardcover edition of the Invader ZIM comics is here! Laugh your way through the first ten issues of Invader ZIM—as well as the exclusive #0 issue not available in stores! Relive the terror of watching the Invader ZIM TV show by reading Invader ZIM, the comic! Now in a bigger size so you can catch every single horrible detail! Featuring hilarious stories by Jhonen Vasquez, Eric Trueheart, and KC Green, and horrifying art from Aaron Alexovich and Dave Crosland, this is one collection not to be missed!
- JULY 12 / 328 PGS. / All Ages / Humor, Sci-fi / $49.99
WASTELAND COMPENDIUM, VOLUME 1
- ANTONY JOHNSTON (W) • CHRISTOPHER MITTEN (A/C) • BEN TEMPLESMITH (CA) • VARIOUS (A)
- One hundred years after the Big Wet, the Earth is broken—a barren and infertile world where the few remaining survivors struggle for survival. When Michael, a scavenger bearing strange gifts, arrives at the shanty town of Providence, the effects are devastating. Now Michael and the townsfolk must cross the deadly wasteland to Newbegin, a nearby city that has sprung from the desolation; but will the city’s power-mad dictator welcome them with open arms or a closed fist?
- JULY 26 / 752 PGS. / Mature / Sci-fi / $39.99
NIGHT’S DOMINION, VOLUME 1
- TED NAIFEH (W/A/C/CA)
- A thief, an assassin, a mage and a cleric walk into a tavern in the ancient city of Umber. Awaiting them is a mysterious bard with a dangerous scheme: to break into the dungeon of a powerful death cult in search of treasure. For these five desperate criminals, it's the last chance for hope in a city of corruption and despair. But what they find instead is an undead army preparing to conquer the world. Now, they must fight to protect the city that pushed their backs to the wall, or watch it burn.
- JUNE 28 / 112 PGS. / Mature / Fantasy, Adventure / $9.99
NOT DRUNK ENOUGH, BOOK ONE
- TESSA STONE (W/A/C/CA)
- Logan is a repairman in the wrong place at the wrong time—which is a creepy corporate lab in the middle of the goddamn night. After fighting off a freaky creature, he joins forces with three other poor souls trapped inside the building. Who are they? What are they doing here? What the hell is going on? And will any of them get out alive? The first in a brand new series from the mind of Tessa Stone (Hanna Is Not a Boy’s Name, Buzz!)!
- JULY 5 / 160 PGS. / Teen, 16+ / Horror, Humour / $19.99