Oni Press has provided CBR News with the exclusive first look at covers and solicit information for products shipping January 2018. When you're through checking out these solicitations, be sure to visit CBR's Indie Comics Forum and discuss these Oni Press releases with fellow readers.
Oni Press Solicitations - Last Six Months
- Product shipping December 2017
- Product shipping November 2017
- Product shipping September 2017
- Product shipping August 2017
- Product shipping July 2017
- Product shipping June 2017
- YEHUDI MERCADO (W/A/C/CA)
- Hip-hop, sci-fi and kung fu all hit the turntables for the mash-up mix of the year! Cartoonist/force of nature Yehudi Mercado (Pantalones, TX, Rocket Salvage) sets his sights on 1980s Brooklyn and Wax, a young mix-master who scratches the perfect beat and accidentally summons a UFO that transports his family, best friend, and current crush to the robot-dominated planet of Discopia. Now, Wax and his crew must master the intergalactic musical martial art of Sci-Fu to fight the power and save Earth. Word to your mother.
- MARCH 14 / 144 Pages / Softcover, 6” x 9” / All Ages / $12.99
- IVY NOELLE WEIR (W) STEENZ (A/C/CA)
- After losing her job at the library, Celeste Walden starts working at the haunting Logan Museum as an archivist. But the job may not be the second chance she was hoping for, and she finds herself confronting her mental health, her relationships, and before long, her grasp on reality as she begins to dream of a young woman she's never met, but feels strangely drawn to. Especially after she asks Cel for help…
- As Cel attempts to learn more about the woman, she begins losing time, misplacing things, passing out—the job is becoming dangerous, but she can't let go of this mysterious woman. Who is she? Why is she so fixated on Cel? And does Cel have the power to save her when she's still trying to save herself?
- MARCH 7 / 280 Pages / Softcover, 6” x 9” / Teen / $19.99
MADE MEN #5
- PAUL TOBIN (W) ARJUNA SUSINI (A/CA) GONZALO DUARTE (C/CA)
- Who killed Jutte Frankenstein? The closer she and her team get to finding out the truth, the more they realize that this rabbit hole goes very, very deep. The bodies are piling up and while Jutte's got an inside man—Detective Larkin—things are unravelling fast. On the plus side, the police have found the man who murdered the chief of police. But while that's good news for Jutte, it's bad news for Larkin, who's starting to find out what it's like to be the only straight-and-narrow cop in the whole force.
- JANUARY 10 / 32 Pages / Mature / $3.99
THE DAMNED #7
- CULLEN BUNN (W) BRIAN HURTT (A/CA) BILL CRABTREE (C/CA)
- If Eddie is already dead, why are so many people so determined to kill him? Nonstop action and mayhem dominate this issue as Eddie's cursed brother, Morgan, has to drag Eddie's dead and deadly corpse around town while trying to figure out why so many people are after his brother!
- JANUARY 10 / 32 Pages / Mature / $3.99
INVADER ZIM #27
- ERIC TRUEHEART (W) MADDIE C (A/CA) FRED C. STRESING (C/CA)
- COVER B ILLUSTRATED BY DREW RAUSCH
- On a search for the rare element Splodium-235, ZIM discovers that deep beneath his own base lies another alien base. And inside it is another alien. And this alien claims he took over the Earth years ago. Is he insane? More importantly, can ZIM steal his supply of Splodium-235 and get out? Or will he keep ZIM in his base forever because… well… he’s just so lonely down there?
- JANUARY 10 / 32 Pages / All Ages / $3.99
RICK AND MORTY #34
- KYLE STARKS (W/A) MAGDALENE VISSAGIO (W) MARC ELLERBY (A/C) KATY FARINA (C/CA) CJ CANNON (CA)
- COVER B ILLUSTRATED BY CHRIS SCHWEIZER
- The Life and Times of Krombopulos Michael! Learn the secret history of the Gromflomite who "just loves killing" in this special issue written and drawn by Kyle Starks (Sexcastle, Kill Them All). Plus, another backup comic by Magdalene Visaggio (Kim & Kim) and Marc Ellerby!
- JANUARY 31 / 32 Pages / Teen, 16+ / $3.99
INVADER ZIM, VOLUME 5 TPB
- ERIC TRUEHEART (W) DAVE CROSLAND (W/A) WARREN WUCINICH (A/C/CA) FRED C. STRESING (C)
- ZIM's latest doomsday plot is foiled when GIR goes haywire and tries to kill everyone in sight! (But especially ZIM. He kinda deserves it.) Diagnostics reveal that the malfunction is due to a virus, forcing ZIM to do the one thing he never thought he'd have to—GO INSIDE GIR'S BRAIN. Where nothing works and everything is exactly at GIR's level of nonsense. And when ZIM discovers that the virus was created and implanted by a being known only as VIROOZ from the planet Cyberflox... well hey, let's not give away too much, alright? Just read this special 4-part story with bonus guest issue from Dave Crosland!
- FEBRUARY 21 / 128 Pages / Softcover / All Ages / $19.99
BAD MACHINERY, VOLUME 4: THE CASE OF THE LONELY ONE, POCKET EDITION
- JOHN ALLISON (W/A/C/CA)
- The second year at Griswalds Grammar brings new challenges, new socks, and a mysterious new classmate for Tackleford's mystery-crazed children.
- Who is this secretive character? What is the acrid aroma that accompanies him wherever he goes? And why would anybody want anything to do with him? Seriously, he stinks of onions.
- The Case Of The Lonely One pits Shauna WIckle against her most mystifying enemy yet, forcing her to take sides, form new alliances, and make a lot of promises that she doesn't want to keep.
- What are the secrets of the onion farm? Why is the newcomer "a right good laugh once you get to know him"? What is an orc? And can too much coffee send you NUCLEAR?
- MARCH 28 / 136 Pages / Softcover, 9” x 6: / All Ages / $12.99
RICK AND MORTY: POCKET LIKE YOU STOLE IT TPB
- TINI HOWARD (W) MARC ELLERBY (A/CA) KATY FARINA (C/CA)
- Rick and Morty: Pocket Like You Stole It is the fan-favorite comic book miniseries based on the popular Adult Swim television series and inspired by the Pocket Mortys mobile game!
- Morty is on a quest to free himself (and all the other Mortys) from the clutches of Ricks, who collect Mortys and force them to battle one another for schmeckles and glory. Along the way, he’ll discover the grisly history of Morty battling, the dastardly lengths that Ricks are willing to stoop to in order to win, and perhaps… the strength in himself that’s needed to free the Mortys once and for all?
- MARCH 21 / 128 Pages / Softcover / Teen, 16+ / $19.99
GUERILLAS, VOLUME 4
- BRAHM REVEL (W/A/CA)
- Southeast Asia, 1970. A troop of experimental chimpanzee soldiers have escaped from the U.S. Army and into the jungles of Vietnam. Despite being free from their captors, the chimps have continued to do exactly what they were trained to do... kill. But as memories of a time before the war begin to surface, the chimps are forced to question why they are fighting at all. In the thrilling finale to the series, their past finally catches up with them when they come face to face with their most fearsome enemy yet, a vengeance filled baboon named Adolf.
- MARCH 21 / 240 Pages / Softcover, 6” x 9” / Mature / $19.99