Oni Press has provided CBR News with the exclusive first look at covers and solicit information for products shipping December 2017. When you're through checking out these solicitations, be sure to visit CBR's Indie Comics Forum and discuss these Oni Press releases with fellow readers.
Oni Press Solicitations - Last Six Months
- Product shipping November 2017
- Product shipping September 2017
- Product shipping August 2017
- Product shipping July 2017
- Product shipping June 2017
- Product shipping May 2017
KIM REAPER, VOLUME 1: GRIM BEGINNIGS
- SARAH GRALEY (W/A/C/CA)
- Part-Time Grim Reaper. Full-Time Cutie!
- Like most university students, Kim works a part-time job to make ends meet. Unlike most university students, Kim's job is pretty cool: she's a grim reaper, tasked with guiding souls into the afterlife.
- Like most university students, Becka has a super intense crush. Unlike most university students, Becka's crush is on a beautiful gothic angel that frequents the underworld. Of course, she doesn't know that.
- Unaware of the ghoulish drama she's about to step into, Becka finally gathers up the courage to ask Kim on a date! But when she falls into a ghostly portal and interrupts Kim at her job, she sets off a chain of events that will pit the two of them against angry cat-dads, vengeful zombies, and perhaps even the underworld itself. But if they work together, they just might
- FEBRUARY 14 / 112 Pages / Softcover / Teen / Humour, Adventure / $14.99
THE DAMNED #6
- CULLEN BUNN (W) • BRIAN HURTT (A/CA) • BILL CRABTREE (C/CA)
- Eddie has the unfortunate gift of never staying dead. It has come in handy as Eddie walks a tight line between different Prohibition-era mob families, between the demonic and the human, and between our world and the dark afterlife. Yet after years of playing every side in this world of crime and violence, there are those who are determined to keep Eddie dead this time around.
- DECEMBER 13 / 32 Pages / Mature / Crime, Fantasy / $3.99
- ZANDER CANNON (W/A/C/CA)
- SEASON FINALE! All-Out Gang Attack has erupted in KAIJUMAX prison between the Cryptids and the old-school J-Kaiju and it’s every mon for himself amid flying claws, fire breath, and stomping action. Interspecies alliances are broken! Antediluvian lifespans come to an end! In the chaos, Mechazon and Electrogor put their risky plan to murder the crafty and sociopathic Zonn into action, but there’s just so much that can go wrong. Also: New evolved kaiju powers! Two long-awaited comeuppances! A bloodless squishing! And… a new pet for the Sharkmon?
- DECEMBER 20 / 32 Pages / Mature / Sci-fi / $3.99
MADE MEN #4
- PAUL TOBIN (W) • ARJUNA SUSINI (A/CA) • GONZALO DUARTE (C/CA)
- Detroit's finest are on Jutte's trail, and so are Detroit's absolute worst. Her last job admittedly got a little... sloppy, and now the woman who can raise the dead is going to have to raise a little hell. Luckily she's gotten pretty friendly with one of the detectives on her case, but a major new player is about to break Jutte's world wide open.
- DECEMBER 13 / 32 Pages / Mature / Action, Humor / $3.99
RICK AND MORTY #33
- TINI HOWARD, MAGDALENE VISSAGIO (W) • CJ CANNON (A/CA) • MARC ELLERBY (A/C) • KATY FARINA (C/CA)
- COVER B ILLUSTRATED BY ANISSA ESPINOSA
- ONE EXPERIMENTAL SUMMER. It’s the hottest, most boring part of the year—so can you blame Summer for going exploring in Grandpa Rick’s garage for a dimension where she gets what she wants? She'll learn a little about science, and a whole lot about life.
- DECEMBER 27 / 32 Pages / Teen, 16+ / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
INVADER ZIM #26
- SARAH GRALEY (W/A/CA) • SARAH STERN (C)
- COVER B ILLUSTRATED BY SIMON TROUSSELLIER
- Special one-shot issue written and illustrated by Sarah Graley (Rick and MortyTM: Lil' Poopy Superstar, Kim Reaper)! There's a new kid in skool, and his name is GIR...B? GIRB?! That's just GIR with an extra B tacked on the end! But somehow the skoolkids are all fooled—except ZIM of course, he'd recognize his lackey... er, slave... er, servant?... anywhere! And also Dib, because he's the only one who can see through bad human disguises, apparently.
- DECEMBER 13 / 32 Pages / All Ages / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
MERMIN, BOOK FOUR: INTO ATLANTIS (SOFTCOVER EDITION)
- JOEY WEISER (W/A/C/CA)
- The fourth book in Joey Weiser's Eisner Award-nominated series is now in paperback! It's all-out war between Mer and Atlantis! At least that's what Mermin's father, King Merus, declares after Pete is taken by Atlanteans. And that's not all—Mermin will be fighting side-by-side with his father, so it's time for some intense training! Meanwhile, deep in the underwater Kingdom of Atlantis, Pete is sent to an orphanage since his family cannot be located. His stories of Mer attract the attention of another child, who offers to introduce Pete to her "friends"—whom he never expected to see in Atlantis!
- FEBRUARY 21 / 152 Pages / Softcover / All Ages / Adventure, Humour / $12.99
LETTER 44, VOLUME 6: THE END
- CHARLES SOULE (W) • ALBERTO JIMÉNEZ ALBURQUERQUE (A/CA) • DAN JACKSON, SARAH STERN (C)
- Earth will be destroyed. Stephen Blades, 45th president of the United States, knows this, and knows there will be no way to stop it. He knows the crew of the Clarke is most likely dead, and the 666 that were supposed to be saved now have no chance. The most powerful man on the planet cannot protect it from its fate. But he will not give up. In this thrilling conclusion to the critically-acclaimed and award-winning series, the world will indeed end. But will it take humanity with it?
- FEBRUARY 28 / 160 Pages / Softcover / Mature / Sci-fi / $19.99
YOU HAVE KILLED ME (SOFTCOVER EDITION)
- JAMIE S. RICH (W) • JOËLLE JONES (A/CA)
- The classic graphic novel collaboration from the minds behind Lady Killer returns in a new softcover format! Antonio Mercer is a private eye by trade, a man bad luck seems to follow, as evidenced by his newest client—the sister of his former lover, Julie Roman, who's now disappeared. And Julie's sister, Jessica, is a real piece of work. Still, Mercer takes the case, getting entangled in the same family drama that drove him away. Well, maybe not exactly the same, because the Romans have made some... unsavory connections. As the bodies start piling up, Mercer has no choice but to see the case through to its end—or become one of its casualties.
- FEBRUARY 14 / 192 Pages / Softcover / Mature / Mystery, Crime / $19.99