Oni Press has provided CBR News with the exclusive first look at covers and solicit information for products shipping August 2017. When you're through checking out these solicitations, be sure to visit CBR's Indie Comics Forum and discuss these Oni Press releases with fellow readers.
Oni Press Solicitations - Last Six Months
- Product shipping July 2017
- Product shipping June 2017
- Product shipping May 2017
- Product shipping April 2017
- Product shipping March 2017
- Product shipping February 2017
THE TEA DRAGON SOCIETY
- KATIE O’NEILL (W/A/C/CA)
- From the award-winning author of Princess Princess Ever After comes The Tea Dragon Society, a charming all-ages book that follows the story of Greta, a blacksmith apprentice, and the people she meets as she becomes entwined in the enchanting world of tea dragons.
- After discovering a lost tea dragon in the marketplace, Greta learns about the dying art of tea dragon caretaking from the kind tea shop owners, Hesekiel and Erik. As she befriends them and their shy ward, Minette, Greta sees how the craft enriches their lives—and eventually her own.
- OCTOBER 18 / 72 Pages / 8.5” x 11.75” Hardcover / All Ages / Fantasy / $17.99
DEAD OF WINTER #1 (OF 4)
- KYLE STARKS (W) • GABO (A/C) • BRIAN HURTT WITH BILL CRABTREE (CA)
- ALTERNATE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY ERICA HENDERSON
- FROM THE TABLETOP SMASH HIT comes this new series starring beloved characters from Plaid Hat Games’ Dead of Winter, written by Kyle Starks (the Eisner Award-nominated Sexcastle), and illustrated by Gabo (The Life After).
- In the pantheon of heroes, none are more lovable and loyal than everyone’s beloved good ol’ dog, Sparky. Surviving in the wintery apocalypse of the undead, this former TV star turned zombie killing machine just wants to make friends and be a good boy. As his fellow survivors scavenge for supplies in the frigid wasteland, will Sparky be able to protect his companions from threats both undead and not yet undead?
- AUGUST 2 / 32 Pages / Mature / Horror, Humor / $3.99
NIGHT’S DOMINION SEASON TWO #1
- TED NAIFEH (W/A/C/CA)
- The Cult of Uhlume is no more, and the city of Umber nurses its wounds, as do the reluctant heroes who saved it. Trauma and tragedy have left their mark on Emerane, the lowly barmaid. But when Asps target the city’s Alderman, as well as its champion, the Furie, she finds herself donning the mantle of the Night once again and coming to their defense—whether she’s ready or not.
- AUGUST 9 / 32 Pages / Mature / Fantasy, Adventure / $3.99
RICK AND MORTY: POCKET LIKE YOU STOLE IT #2 (OF 5)
- TINI HOWARD (W) • MARC ELLERBY (A/CA) • KATY FARINA (C/CA)
- ALTERNATE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY D.J. KIRKLAND
- Morty thinks he’s hit the jackpot when he stumbles upon a secret Morty haven, run by Crazy Cat Rick. All the food and cozy body pillows he could want! But he soon discovers that there’s a dastardly reason that the Mortys are so docile, and stumbles upon the grand secret of Morty battling.
- AUGUST 16 / 32 Pages / Teen, 16+ / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
KAIJUMAX SEASON THREE #2
- ZANDER CANNON (W/A/C/CA)
- Kaijumax’s last good drug connect has been gone for a while, and the kaiju inmates are fiending for uranium; enter Zonn, Terror of Nagoya and the doctor he’s got in his… er, pocket to bring the good stuff from a new operation on the moon. Meanwhile, Whoofy, the young mob boss picking up the pieces after his father’s death starts to learn what tough rules must be followed—and whose appendages must be broken—to stay in power on the inside. Also: Bullying flashbacks! Terrifying moon bunnies! And… astro-kiestering?
- AUGUST 16 / 32 Pages / Mature / Sci-fi / $3.99
HEARTTHROB SEASON TWO #3
- CHRISTOPHER SEBELA (W) • ROBERT WILSON IV (A/CA) • NICK FILARDI (C/CA)
- True love conquers all. Common sense, friends, new jobs and newer boyfriends fall by the wayside as Callie backslides into her life of crime. Ditching her crew and rekindling her on-again off-again thing with Mercer, Callie sets off on a crime spree to prove to herself and to Mercer that she’s one of the best. But is Mercer an angel or a devil whispering in her ear? And is Callie setting herself up to fall not only for him, but for two countries’ worth of law enforcement?
- AUGUST 2 / 32 Pages / Mature / Crime / $3.99
INVADER ZIM #23
- ERIC TRUEHEART (W) • WARREN WUCINICH (A/CA) • FRED C. STRESING ©
- ALTERNATE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY JEY ODIN
- There’s a virus in GIR’s head. This virus is mean, determined, and probably covered in spikes and stuff. Most importantly, it’s making GIR want to kill ZIM, and ZIM can’t really let that happen. But the only way to destroy the virus is to travel inside GIR’s broken robot mind, and the inside of GIR’s broken robot mind is a virtual madhouse of crazy. PART TWO OF A FOUR-PART STORY!
- AUGUST 30 / 32 Pages / All Ages / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
RICK AND MORTY #29
- SEAN VANAMAN, OLLY MOSS (W) • CJ CANNON (A/CA) • KATY FARINA (C/CA)
- ALTERNATE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY OLLY MOSS
- SPECIAL ONE-SHOT written by Sean Vanaman of Campo Santo (the developer of the hit game Firewatch) and illustrator/graphic designer Olly Moss!
- Rick introduces Morty to a new invention: a device that measures any entity’s potential to become a fascist dictator. What could go wrong?
- AUGUST 23 / 32 Pages / Teen, 16+ / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
JEFF STEINBERG: CHAMPION OF EARTH
- JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV (W) • TONY FLEECS (W/A/CA) • LUIGI ANDERSON (C/CA)
- Have you ever wondered what could have been if Kevin Smith directed Men in Black? Us either because that’s kind of a dumb thing to wonder. Besides, why obsess about “What ifs?” when you could be reading the defining sci-fi-rom-com-dram-actioner of our time! From the writer of The Bunker and the artist of My Little Pony—wait, really? Okay, I guess we’ll go with it—comes an alien invasion the likes of which have never before been seen by human eyes.
- The space invaders are real. They’re here. They’re mean. And they’re standing in judgement over the citizens of Earth. The human race’s final exam. They’ve chosen a single champion to test and, unfortunately for us, it’s none other than Jeff Steinberg. Romantically challenged idiot, video store clerk, constipated, confused, distractible. In other words, the planet is totally doomed.
- SEPTEMBER 20 / 176 Pages / Softcover / Mature / Humor, Sci-fi / $19.99
MERMIN, BOOK THREE: DEEP DIVE (SOFTCOVER EDITION)
- JOEY WEISER (W/A/C/CA)
- The third book in Joey Weiser’s Eisner Award-nominated series is now in PAPERBACK! No one knows much about Mer, the underwater kingdom where Mermin the merman was born, but due to a rising conflict with the people of Atlantis, Mermin needs to get back home immediately. Which means his human friends get to accompany him and see all the aquatic wonders of Mer. But once again, Mermin is tight-lipped about his past—even when it’s swimming right in front of him. And there are enemies lurking in the seedier depths of Mer, who’ve got their sights set not only on Mermin, but on Pete and his friends!
- SEPTEMBER 13 / 152 Pages / Softcover / All Ages / Adventure, Humor / $12.99
RICK AND MORTY, BOOK TWO, HARDCOVER
- TOM FOWLER, KYLE STARKS (W/A) • PAMELA RIBON (W) • CJ CANNON (A/CA) • MARC ELLERBY (W/A/C) • RYAN HILL (C) • KATY FARINA (C/CA)
- The hit comic book series based on Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland’s hilarious Adult Swim animated show Rick and Morty is available in its second deluxe hardcover collection!
- Join the excitement as depraved genius Rick Sanchez embarks on insane adventures with his awkward grandson Morty across the universe and across time. Caught in the crossfire are his teenage granddaughter Summer, his veterinary surgeon daughter Beth, and his hapless son-in-law Jerry. This collection includes issues #11-20 of the comic book series, featuring the superstar talents of Tom Fowler, Kyle Starks, Pamela Ribon, CJ Cannon, Marc Ellerby, and more! Stories like “Ready Player Morty” and “Rick Burn, Dude” will make you laugh, cry, and probably question the morality of humanity.
- This special hardcover edition also includes a brand-new introduction, over twenty pages of extra art, and an exclusive sound clip of Rick and Morty!
- OCTOBER 25 / 288 Pages / Hardcover / Teen, 16+ / Humor, Sci-fi / $49.99
STUMPTOWN, VOLUME ONE, SQUARE ONE EDITION
- GREG RUCKA (W) • MATTHEW SOUTHWORTH (A/CA) • LEE LOUGHRIDGE, RICO RENZI (C)
- JOIN THE INVESTIGATION FOR JUST $10! Dex Parios is the proprietor of Stumptown Investigations, and a fairly talented P.I. Unfortunately, she’s less adept at throwing dice than solving cases. Her recent streak has left her deep in debt to a casino. But maybe Dex’s luck is about to change. Sue-Lynne, head of the Wind Coast’s casino operation, will clear Dex’s debt if she can locate Sue-Lynne’s missing granddaughter. Is this job Dex’s way out of the hole or a shove down one much deeper?
- OCTOBER 11 / 160 Pages / Softcover / Mature / Crime / $10
THE BUNKER, VOLUME ONE, SQUARE ONE EDITION
- JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV (W) • JOE INFURNARI (A/CA)
- GET THE FIRST VOLUME OF THE CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED SERIES
- FOR JUST $10! On their way to bury a time capsule, five friends uncover a metal bunker buried deep in the woods. Inside, they find letters addressed to each of them... from their future selves. Though they’ve been warned against making the wrong choices, how do they know what the right ones are? Can the future really be changed, or will an even darker fate engulf the world?
- OCTOBER 11 / 136 Pages / Softcover / Mature / Sci-fi / $10
FAUNS & FAIRIES: THE ADULT FANTASY COLORING BOOK
- TRUNGLES (W/A/CA)
- Fauns & Fairies: The Adult Fantasy Coloring Book is an erotic coloring book for adults, offering a steamy interpretation of traditional fantasy characters. From succubi to knights to pixies, the beautiful art nouveau-inspired illustrations show classic characters in sensuous poses sure to please. The delicate and detailed artwork is ideal for adult coloring book enthusiasts!
- SEPTEMBER 20 / 88 Pages / Mature / Fantasy, Erotica / $11.99