Oni Press has provided CBR News with the exclusive first look at covers and solicit information for products shipping April 2017. When you're through checking out these solicitations, be sure to visit CBR's Indie Comics Forum and discuss these Oni Press releases with fellow readers.
While a new issue of "Invader Zim" doesn't appear in this month's round of solicitations, the publisher assures -- along with a note at the end of the solicitation text itself -- that the series will return in May.
Oni Press Solicitations - Last Six Months
KIM REAPER #1
- SARAH GRALEY (W/A/C/CA)
- ALTERNATE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY LISSA TREIMAN
- Like most university students, Kim works a part-time job to make ends meet. UNLIKE most university students, Kim’s job is pretty dang cool: she’s a grim reaper, tasked with guiding souls into the afterlife.
- Like most university students, Becka has a super intense unrequited crush. UNLIKE most university students, Becka’s crush is on a beautiful gothic angel that frequents the underworld. Of course, she doesn’t know that.
- Unaware of the ghoulish drama she’s about to step into, Becka finally gathers up the courage to ask Kim on a date! But when she falls into a ghostly portal and interrupts Kim at her job, she sets off a chain of events that will pit the two of them against angry cat- dads, vengeful zombies, and perhaps even the underworld itself. But if they work together, they just might make it... and maybe even get a kiss in the bargain.
- APRIL 5 / 32 PGS. / Teen / Humor, Adventure / $3.99
- NEAL HOLMAN (W) • CLAYTON MCCORMACK (A/CA) • KELLY FITZPATRICK (C)
- It’s Mars, and it’s Mardi Gras, and it is blowing up. Literally. (Again.) Coyle and his team investigate a suicide bombing outside the gates of Vantage Solutions, Inc., a crime that may possibly/probably have ties to Coyle’s past. Guest starring a giant wiener. Literally. (Again, again.)
- APRIL 12 / 32 PGS. / Mature / Sci-fi, Dark Comedy / $3.99
LETTER 44 #32
- CHARLES SOULE (W) • LANGDON FOSS (A/CA) • DAN JACKSON (C)
- Where did the alien Builders come from? What is the source of the mysterious End that threatens the very fabric of the universe itself? At last, with four issues left in the series, get the answers to these and other fundamental questions about the Letter 44-verse... BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!
- APRIL 19 / 32 PGS. / Mature / Sci-fi / $3.99
RICK AND MORTY #25
- KYLE STARKS (W/A) • MARC ELLERBY (W/A/C) • CJ CANNON (CA) • KATY FARINA (C)
- INCENTIVE COVER ILLUSTRATED BY ERIN HUNTING
- In this special one-shot issue illustrated by series writer Kyle Starks (Sexcastle), Morty meets an old friend: TINY RICK! Tiny Rick + Morty forever and forever a hundred years. But is Tiny Rick hiding a tiny secret?
- APRIL 26 / 32 PGS. / Teen, 16+ / Humor, Sci-fi / $3.99
SPACE BATTLE LUNCHTIME, VOLUME 2: A RECIPE FOR DISASTER
- NATALIE RIESS (W/A/C/CA)
- It’s almost time for the season finale of Space Battle Lunchtime, and finalist Peony (the only Earth contestant) is nowhere to be found! That’s because she’s been kidnapped and taken to the set of Space Battle Lunchtime’s biggest rival, Cannibal Coliseum, where chefs compete to cook... each other. Up against some of the most dangerous aliens in the galaxy, will Peony even make it to the end of the show? Stay tuned!
- JUNE 21 / 120 PGS. / All Ages / Sci-fi / $12.99
THE COLDEST CITY (SOFTCOVER EDITION)
- ANTONY JOHNSTON (W) • SAM HART (A/CA)
- November 1989. MI6 spy Lorraine Broughton was sent to Berlin to investigate the death of another agent, and the disappearance of a list revealing every spy working there. She found a powder keg of mistrust, assassinations and bad defections that ended with the murder of MI6’s top officer, as the Berlin Wall was torn down. Now Lorraine has returned from the Cold War’s coldest city, to tell her story. And nothing is what it seems.
- APRIL 5 / 176 PGS. / Mature / Crime, Espionage / $14.99
THE COLDEST WINTER (SOFTCOVER EDITION)
- ANTONY JOHNSTON (W) • STEVEN PERKINS (A/CA)
- Bestselling author ANTONY JOHNSTON returns to The Coldest City for a tale even more complex, compelling, and cold than the first! After a string of botched assignments for MI6 in Berlin, David Perceval is being sent home. Even his final mission before leaving—the defection of a Soviet scientist—goes badly wrong, as the coldest winter for 30 years descends on Europe.
- With transport out of Berlin impossible, and the KGB searching everywhere for their lost scientist, Perceval must improvise a deadly game of cat and mouse through the frozen city to keep the Russians at bay, and deliver his own unique brand of revenge!
- APRIL 5 / 184 PGS. / Mature / Crime, Espionage / $14.99
MOTRO, VOLUME 1
- ULISES FARIÑAS (W/A/CA) • ERICK FREITAS (W) • RYAN HILL (C)
- A reclusive young boy with superhuman strength tries to live up to the expectations of his dead father in an fantastic world of mechs and monsters. What will it take to fulfill his destiny? From illustrator and intricate world-builder Ulises Fariñas (IDW’s Judge Dredd), comes the first chronicle of the life and legend of a fantasy hero for the ages.
- JUNE 28 / 112 PGS. / Mature / Adventure / $9.99
- ADAM GLASS (W) • MICHAEL BENSON (W) • HARWINDER SINGH (A/CA) • GONZALO DUARTE (C)
- When Drew, a 12-year-old Jewish boy from Yonkers, loses his beloved grandfather to anti-Semitic gang violence, he turns to tradition, anger, and Kabbalah to serve vengeance. Conjuring a supernatural defender to protect his city brings Drew unimaginable power—power he may not be able to control. As the gangsters grow closer to discovering the identity of Yonkers’ new vigilante and the soul within the golem begins to take permanent hold of the creature, Drew must decide what’s more dangerous, the devil you know or the savior you don’t.
- From writers Adam Glass (Suicide Squad, TV’s Supernatural) and Mike Benson (Deadpool, Moon Knight), amazing debut illustrator Harwinder Singh, and colorist Gonzalo Duarte (The Bunker, Big Trouble in Little China).
- JUNE 21 / 144 PGS. / Teen / Fantasy, Adventure / $19.99
NIGHT’S DOMINION, VOLUME 1
- TED NAIFEH (W/A/C/CA)
- A thief, an assassin, a mage and a cleric walk into a tavern in the ancient city of Umber. Awaiting them is a mysterious bard with a dangerous scheme: to break into the dungeon of a powerful death cult in search of treasure. For these five desperate criminals, it's the last chance for hope in a city of corruption and despair. But what they find instead is an undead army preparing to conquer the world. Now, they must fight to protect the city that pushed their backs to the wall, or watch it burn.
- JUNE 28 / 168 PGS. / Mature / Fantasy, Adventure / $9.99