Last year, convention hopefuls were frustrated by glitches and rapid sellouts of multi-day passes as producer ReedPop was faced by unprecedented demand: Four-day tickets sold out in eight weeks in 2013, compared to just 40 minutes in 2014. When additional tickets were later offered at select retailers, beginning with Midtown Comics in Manhattan, thousands lined up for what was described as "a very nerdy Black Friday."
This year, fans will have three options to by tickets: online, on-site at the June 6-7 Special Edition: NYC, and later this summer at an event at Midtown Comics.
For the second year in a row, ReedPop will lead in to the Oct. 8-11 New York Comic Con with New York Super Week, a series of events held at venues across New York City. The announcement arrived with an initial lineup:
- Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular, for the first time in the United States, at the Barclays Center
- The Thrilling Adventure Hour presents: CLINK! Beyond Belief Live at The Bell House (sold out)
- After Party with BBQ Films at Terminal 5 (secret revealed in May)
- Karaoke with the Broadway Stars at the Hard Rock Café
- Stuff You Missed in History Class’s first ever live podcast
- A Shipwreck Fan Fiction Competition
- Writing for TV and Film Workshop led by writers, producers and executives from some of today’s biggest genre dramas and sitcoms
More events will be announced in the coming weeks. New York Comic-Con will be held Oct. 8-11 at the Jacob Javits Center.