This January, writer Donny Cates and artist Geoff Shaw relaunch the Guardians of the Galaxy in a new ongoing comic book series starring an all-new, all-different cosmic superteam.
To celebrate the upcoming series, Marvel has released a selection of variant covers across its publishing line spotlighting potential members of the new roster from the likes of Starfox and Adam Warlock to Beta Ray Bill and Super-Skrull. Below is a selection of the variant covers on sale in January:
The full list of announced variants and their corresponding artists are below:
1. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14 by Gerald Parel
2. AVENGERS #13 by Patrick Zircher with colors by Jason Keith
3. BLACK PANTHER #8 by Jamal Campbell
4. DEADPOOL #8 by Jamal Campbell
5. DOCTOR STRANGE #10 by Will Sliney with colors by Frank D’Armata
6. FANTASTIC FOUR #6 by Pasqual Ferry
7. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 by Ron Lim with colors by Israel Silva
8. IMMORTAL HULK #12 by Geoff Shaw
9. SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST SPIDER #4 by Bobby Rubio
10. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2 by Mike McKone with colors by Jesus Aburtov
11. UNCANNY X-MEN #8 by David Marquez
12. X-23 #8 by Dale Keown
13. X-FORCE #2 by Ema Lupacchino
While the lineup is certainly impressive, the final lineup for the team has yet to be confirmed. Having said that, the potential members featured on the variant covers look to form the most powerful iteration of the cosmic ensemble yet.
Guardians of the Galaxy #1 is written by Donny Cates and illustrated by Geoff Shaw. It is scheduled to go on sale from Marvel on January 23.