Official Press Release
Arlington, VA, February 5, 2003 - Cartoonist and COMICON.com co-creator Steve Conley will debut new issues of his sci-fi series Astounding Space Thrills FREE to attendees of seven of the largest U.S. comics shows. Each show, beginning with Megacon, gets a NEW all-ages, reader-friendly, collectible comic book created just for that convention.
Throughout 2003, tens of thousands of "Astounding Space Thrills: The Convention Comics" will be given away.
AST: The Convention Comics are made free to readers through the support of advertisers and sponsors including:
- The Baltimore Comic-Con - http://www.comicon.com/baltimore
- Bill Cole Mylar - http://www.bcemylar.com
- CGC - http://www.cgccomics.com
- Diamond Galleries' Scoop - http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com
- Gerber Archival Supplies - http://www.gerber.com
- Graham Crackers Comics - http://www.grahamcrackers.com
- Morgan Printing - http://www.morganprinting.com
- T Campbell's "How To Break Into Comics" - http://www.tcampbell.net
"I think this is a great way to help grow the market, promote the conventions, give something to the fans and have fun," says Conley.
Sponsorships and ad positions are limited. Contact Steve Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and availability.
For readers who can't attend the shows, the new Astounding Space Thrills comics will be available for purchase from the AST web site and through the direct market later in the year in limited quantities.