Later this year, "Pokémon" fans will be able to embark on a new journey with "Monopoly: Pokémon - Johto Edition," a new Monopoly board game that boasts all eight gyms and gym leaders from the hit television show.
According to PidgiPress, "players will travel through all eight Gyms and battle Gym leader Pokémon. Trainer Battle and Professor Elm cards might reward you for Pokémon encounters, or bring an unexpected surprise as players join Pikachu and friends on an adventure through the Johto region."
The game will include:
- 6 Collectible Tokens: Pikachu, Totodile, Togepi, Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Pichu
- 1 Custom Designed Game Board featuring the Johto Region
- Assorted Houses are renamed Poke Marts, Hotels are renamed Pokemon Centers
- Assorted Community Chest and Chance Cards renamed Trainer Battle and Professor Elm
- Assorted Custom themed Monopoly money
"Monopoly: Pokémon - Johto Edition" will hit stores later this year for $44.95. The game is intended for 6-8 players over the age of 8.