"Cloak & Dagger's" corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe just got even bigger. Marvel.com reports that six more actors have been added to the cast of the upcoming series, which stars Disney Channel star Olivia Holt and “The Night Of’s” Aubrey Joseph in the title roles.
The cast now includes:
- Andrea Roth as Tandy's mother Melissa Bowen, "who is the eternal optimist despite the struggles to adapt to her new existence. While complex and emotionally composed, her love for her daughter burns bright."
- Gloria Reuben as Tyrone’s mother Adina Johnson, who "invests every aspect of her being into giving her son the life she believes he deserves. But she props up and protects Tyrone so much she almost forgets to love him."
- Miles Mussenden as Tyrone’s father, Michael Johnson, "who trudges through his desk job to keep his family safe and happy. Mr. Johnson is a working class father does what he can to ensure his son will grow up to be a great man."
- Carl Lundstedt as Liam, "a salt-of-the-earth townie who operates as Tandy’s partner in crime while moonlighting as her boyfriend. But underneath his rough-around-the-edges appearance, Liam has big dreams."
- James Saito as Dr. Bernard Sanjo, who "has been an emotional cornerstone in Tyrone’s life; they have a most unusual relationship."
- J.D. Evermore as Detective Connors, "who is a contradiction of a man, embracing an intimidating persona that overcompensates for a secret he keeps close to the vest."
“It’s been important to us from day one that ‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’ is about character and emotion above all. We’re so excited to have assembled a murderers’ row of talented actors who can execute on that, and then some,” said executive producer Joe Pokaski in a statement.
“We’re thrilled to fill out the rest of the talented cast on ‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’ and join with Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph to make a show that fans, new and old, will enjoy,” shared Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb.
According to the official series synopsis,
Described as a superhero love story, Cloak and Dagger is based on the titular comic book duo (also known as Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson) who have appeared in Marvel Comics classics, including Spiderman and X-Men stories. The live-action interracial romance follows the duo, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.
Based on the Marvel Comics characters created by Bill Mantlo and Ed Hannigan, “Cloak & Dagger” is targeted for a 2018 premiere on Freeform (formerly ABC Family).