The Runaways are here! Marvel.com has just announced the main cast for Hulu’s “Runaway” TV series: Rhenzy Feliz as Alex Wilder; Lyrica Okano as Nico Minoru; Virginia Gardner as Karolina Dean; Ariela Barer as Gert Yorkes; Gregg Sulkin as Chase Stein; and Allegra Acosta as Molly Hernandez. According to the report, additional cast members will be announced at a later date.
Additionally, the announcement included a brief description of each character:
- Alex Wilder is a loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free-time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.
- Nico Minoru–tough, intelligent, and independent–embodies teenage angst. A budding “Wiccan,” Nico’s carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, but maybe what she really needs is someone to talk to.
- Karolina Dean, model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, Karolina is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.
- Gert Yorkes is a purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.
- Chase Stein is a lacrosse-playing, high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father’s.
- Molly Hernandez, the youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.
Notably, Molly’s name has changed. In the comics, she is known as Molly Hayes, but her name has been changed to “Hernandez” for the television series. Further, Molly originated a mutant character, though this likely won’t be the case in the television series, as Fox owns the rights to most mutant characters.
Created by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona, “Runaways” stars a group of six gifted teenagers who learn their parents are supervillains. The teens band together to take on their parents and bring the adults to justice.
“I’m so excited for fans of the comic to watch this perfect cast of amazing actors, all of whom embody the spirit of their characters more than I ever could have imagined,” said Vaughan in a statement. Vaughan will act as the series executive consultant on the show.
“The fun and chemistry that this group of talented actors create is wonderful and we’re so excited to bring these beloved characters to life,” shared Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb.
“We have had a total blast bringing Brian and Adrian’s amazing story to life. We’re so happy they love the Runaways we’ve assembled as much as we do,” added executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.
No release date has been announced for “Marvel’s Runaways.”
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!